Chapter 1: Exploring the School

To Survive

Daily Life

"You must kill someone if you want to leave."

Those words ran through my head like a videotape on repeat. My body was slowly beginning to paralyze with fear. The air surrounding us felt heavy, pressing down on us like a huge weight. But no matter how heavy the air was...her sharp words pierced through easily.

"So? What are you going to do now? Just stand around glaring at each other?" Kyoko asked, bringing everyone's attention back to reality.

"R-Right... She's right! Sometimes, even if you're nervous or afraid, you just have to step forward! To forget such a simple fact... I can't forgive myself. I'm so ashamed! Please, someone hit me! I can't forgive myself! Somebody hit me! Punish me!" Taka begged with tears in his eyes.

"Jesus. If you have time to yell about it, you have time to DO something about it," Mondo said.

"Perhaps, but...what is the mission, exactly?" Hifumi asked.

"Idiot! To look for a way out, duh!" Leon answered.

"And we totally need to find whoever was controlling that stupid bear and beat the hell out of 'em," Junko added, snarling in anger.

"...B-But before we do all that, maybe we should take a look at the handbook..." Chihiro suggested. "It's probably best to check out the school regulations Monokuma mentioned before doing anything else."

"True. If we stumble around with no clue what the rules are, something like that might happen again..." Celeste said, glancing in Mondo's direction.

"Shit..." Mondo mumbled under his breath.

"Fine. Then let's hurry up and check out the stupid rules already," Junko said impatiently.

I turned on my e-Handbook that Monokuma gave to all of us during his explanation. The first thing that popped up when I turned it on was my name, then the Main Menu appeared. I selected the School Regulations icon and began to read to myself.

~~~

1.) Students may reside only within the school. Leaving campus is an unacceptable use of time.

2.) "Nighttime" is from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. Some areas are off-limits at night, so please exercise caution.

3.) Sleeping anywhere other than the dormitory will be seen as sleeping in class and punished accordingly.

4.) With minimal restrictions, you are free to explore Hope's Peak Academy at your discretion.

5.) Violence against Headmaster Monokuma is strictly prohibited, as is destruction of surveillance cameras.

6.) Anyone who kills a fellow student and becomes "blackened" will graduate, unless they are discovered.

7.) Additional school regulations may be added as necessary.

~~~

I looked up from my screen to see that everyone had the same stormy expression as me. 

"This is bullshit! What the hell kinda rules are these!? I'm not gonna let them control ME!" Mondo yelled.

"Well then, why don't you wander around the school without a care in the world and see what happens?" Celeste said with a giggle. "Personally, I would love to see what happens when someone breaks one of the rules."

"But if he got punished like what we saw before, I don't think there'd be a respawn waiting for him..." Hifumi muttered out loud.

"... I... Ever since I was a kid, I grew up with my older brother pounding this into my head... When a man makes a promise, he has to keep it, even if it kills him," Mondo said.

Checkmate of Death (Danganronpa THH x OC)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara