Chapter 10: Comforting Chihiro

*Ding dong, bing bong*

"Good morning, everyone! It is now 7 a.m. and nighttime is officially over! Time to rise and shine! Get ready to greet another beee-yutiful day!"

I slowly got myself out of bed and did my morning routine. Once I was done, I headed off to the dining hall and sat in my usual seat. One by one, everyone else entered, and then finally Makoto came in last.

"Is this...everyone? It feels a little...small," Taka observed as he looked around the dining hall. "Even the table looks bigger, somehow."

Ever since the events with Byakuya and Toko yesterday, it's no surprise that they both didn't show up. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they never came to the breakfast meetings again.

"I assume that is because three people are dead, and two are abstaining," said Celeste.

"Yeah, with five people missing, I guess it 'would' feel kinda empty," Makoto said.

"Still... I know Byakuya's whatever, but shouldn't we go check on Toko?" Hina suggested.

"I vote no. She's super annoying," Hiro admitted.

"How can you be so cold? You are like a piece of rock candy," Celeste said.

"What!? No, rock candy isn't cold! It's sweet!" Taka yelled.

"That's just a figure of speech, Taka," I said.

"...Anyway, Byakuya's the real problem. If we don't keep an eye on him, he might really kill someone. You can see it in his eyes... We got no choice! Get some rope! We're gonna hafta keep him bound and gagged!" Mondo yelled.

"Yeah, let's do that!" I cheered.

Makoto sweat dropped. "I think that's going a little overboard..."

"He's right! In this situation, there's nothing scarier than when an ally turns loose cannon! It's just like when we were kids, and someone would go crazy at sports day or whatever!" Taka yelled.

"What the fuck are you talking about!? You gonna use the rope to do tug of war or something!? Idiot!" Mondo insulted.

"I'm not an idiot...! YOU'RE an idiot!" Taka countered back.

"Who are you callin' stupid!?" Mondo growled. While all this was happening, Chihiro had her head down and tears filled her eyes.

"Huh? What's wrong, Chihiro? You don't look so great..." Makoto said to her.

"Oh, I'm just going through a little...self-loathing," Chihiro said.

"Huh? Self-loathing?" Makoto repeated.

"Well, after what Byakuya said to me yesterday...I just got so nervous, I locked up. I couldn't say anything. Mondo ended up having to help me out. And even 'he' said I was someone who "can't fight back"... I...I hate how weak I am," Chihiro explained.

"Ahh, I see. So Mondo made you depressed," Hina said.

"What!? How's it 'my' fault!? I wasn't tryin' to be mean! Besides, girls are just naturally weak anyway right!?" Mondo growled.

"...Gh..." Tears were now flowing down Chihiro's cheeks.

"A-Are you...crying...?" Mondo asked.

"It's cuz you were screaming like a lunatic!" Hina said.

Chihiro continued to cry. I went over and handed her a handkerchief. Chihiro took it and wiped her eyes with it. "T-Thank you..." Chihiro muttered.

"Hey, c'mon, don't cry...I-It's my fault, okay? I won't yell at you anymore..." Mondo assured.

"Really? Not sure I can believe that..." Hina sighed.

"J-Just shut up...I got it! I'll make you a promise as a man!" Mondo declared.

Chihiro looked up at Mondo. "Promise...as a man?"

"Maybe I mentioned this before, but... Ever since I was a kid, there was one thing my brother told me over and over again. He said that no matter what, a real man ALWAYS keeps his promises. That's what he left me."

"Left you...?" Hifumi asked, confused.

"Oh, yeah... My brother's dead," Mondo said while looking at the ground.

"Oh...I see..." Makoto muttered. I looked at Mondo with an empathetic look.

"Anyway, I don't wanna talk about it. Don't wanna make all you guys cry! Anyway, so you can trust me when I make that promise. So you don't gotta cry anymore!" Mondo grinned.

"O-Okay. Thank you...Mondo," Chihiro said looking happy.

"S-Sure..." Mondo blushed.

"But...I still don't like how I am right now. I have to get stronger... If I'm so weak anything can make me cry...that's not good."

"Still, don't stress out too much about having to get stronger," Makoto advised.

"No...I 'want' to get stronger. Maybe I should...start working out..."

"In that case, I would be happy to help you out anytime," Sakura offered.

"B-But then Miss Fujisaki would get smashed into a billion pieces!" Hifumi yelled.

"Shut up, you," Hina glared.

"Hmhmhm..." Chihiro giggled.

"Ohh, finally cracked a smile, huh?" Hiro noticed.

"Y-Yeah... Everyone...thank you," Chihiro said with a smile as her cheeks went pink.

Aww, Chihiro looks so cute when she smiles.

And thus, the breakfast meeting concluded on a happy note. We then all left to do our own things. While heading back to my room, I notice a coin on the ground. I picked it up and saw that it had Monokuma's face on the front of a coin.

Monokuma has currency? Good to know I guess... I'm gonna use it.

I headed over to the gift shop and put the coin in the slot of the machine. I turned the mechanism and watched as a machine spitted out a present, revealing a Small Light the size of a matchbox.

"Um... I don't know what to say. Thank you, I guess," I said to no one.

Disappointed, I put the small light in my pocket and decided to walk around to see who I should hang out with.