Class Trial #3 Part 2: The Dead One Alive

"Well, what if I told you there was a way to make the impossible possible?" Kyoko spoke.

"What? How!?" Hina asked.

"If the dead body...were to move itself," Kyoko announced.

"Huh...?" Makoto gasped.

"Th-The dead body m-moved on its own!?" Hina cried out.

"How though?" I asked.

"N-N-N-No! Not another gh-gh-gh-ghooooossst!" Hiro panicked.

"I don't think it has anything to do with the occult. I think what she's implying is we thought Hifumi was dead, but perhaps in reality he was still alive," Byakuya explained.

"He was...alive!?"

"Are you saying Hifumi wasn't carried out of the nurse's office, but simply walked out on his own?" Sakura questioned.

"But I mean...we found his body! He was dead!" Hina said.

Byakuya smirked. "Perhaps he was simply 'playing' dead."

"That... It isn't possible...!" Celeste denied.

-Nonstop Debate! Make Your Argument!-

Sakura: Are you saying that when we first found Hifumi in the nurse's office...there's a chance he was actually still alive?

Celeste: No...it is impossible. Hifumi was dead, without a doubt.

Kyoko: And you know that how?

Celeste: Surely you heard the body discovery announcement along with the rest of us... Hifumi's dead body had been found...and that is why the announcement was made.

Kyoko: Are we really so sure about that? Maybe the announcement was intended to signal someone else's discovery (absorb)...

Truth Bullet: someone else's discovery

Makoto: NO, THAT'S WRONG!

-BREAK!!-

"Was the body discovery announcement that was made really intended for Hifumi?" Makoto asked.

"Of course it was. The announcement played right after we discovered his body," Celeste recalled.

"Maybe, but that was also the same time that Taka's body was found," Makoto said.

"That's right. It wasn't long after finding his body that we heard the announcement," Byakuya spoke.

"So there's a good chance we've made a mistake in there somewhere. I think we've confused whether the announcement was for Hifumi or Taka."

"First of all, if two bodies had been found, there really should have been two announcements," Byakuya explained.

"Maybe Monokuma simply got lazy and rolled them together into one..." Celeste suggested.

"What do you say, Monokuma? Any comment?" Byakuya turned to Monokuma for an answer.

"Well, it's a very sensitive issue, so I can't go into too much detail... But what I 'can' say about the body discovery announcement is that...it's only broadcast when three or more people find a dead body for the first time!" Monokuma explained.

"That didn't answer our question, man! We're asking if you're a lazy bum!" Hiro said.

"No, actually, that was plenty," Byakuya said.

"Huh?" Hiro looked confused.

"He said it's only broadcast when a body is discovered "for the first time." Which means even if we find the same body again later, he won't make the announcement again," Byakuya explained. "If that's true, then why was the announcement made again later on?"