Chapter 24: Robo Justice

*Ding dong, bing bong*

"Good morning, everyone! It is now 7 a.m. and nighttime is officially over! Time to rise and shine! Get ready to greet another beee-yutiful day!"

I opened my eyes and immediately shot out of bed and did my morning routine as fast as I could. Today was the day we get to look for Alter Ego, and I was pretty excited about it. Once I finished, I ran to the dining hall to see Hina, Sakura, and Kyoko there. I waited with them for a few minutes, and then Makoto showed up.

"Is this it? What happened to the others?" Sakura asked, looking around.

"Aren't they coming...?" Hina asked.

"Eh..." I shrugged my shoulders.

"..." Kyoko was deep in thought.

"Only...five people?" Makoto counted.

"God! This is why I hate people who take their sweet time with everything!" Hina complained.

"Anyway, let's wait a little while longer for the others," Sakura suggested.

So we waited. An hour has gone by and still no one showed up.

"So...it's 8 o'clock. We've been waiting here a full hour..." Hina said.

"Why haven't the others come?" Sakura questioned.

"Hiro and Celeste have never missed a day...till now," Hina pointed out.

"And what I'm really worried about is...Hifumi and Taka. They were more eager than anyone to look for Alter Ego...and they're not here," Makoto added.

"Do you think perhaps the rest are already searching?" I suggested.

"No. Something must have happened," Kyoko said.

"Huh...?" Makoto looked confused.

"I was careless. I was too distracted by Alter Ego... But Monokuma gave us a motive. There was no way something wouldn't happen eventually," Kyoko explained.

"Don't tell me someone did something...for money!" Makoto shouted.

"We need to go look for the people who never showed up," Kyoko said.

"O-Okay. Let's go track them down..." Hina said.

We all left the dining hall and entered the hallway.

"We can cover more ground if we split up. Sakura and Hanako, you two check the dorms. Make sure to check all of our rooms. Makoto, you check the 1st floor of the school. Meanwhile, I'll check the 2nd floor," Kyoko instructed.

"Okay, then I guess I'll check the 3rd floor," Hina volunteered.

"Don't take any risks. If anything happens, call for help right away," Kyoko advised.

"I really hope nothing happens..." Hina said.

"So do I," agreed Makoto.

"Okay, let's go," Sakura said.

Anxiety was written across each of our faces as we went our separate ways. Sakura and I raced to the dorm rooms and checked each open room. A few minutes of searching later, Hina came running toward us.

"Sakura! Hanako! Come quick! Celeste is injured!" Hina informed.

Without hesitation, we all ran up the stairs to the third floor and entered the rec room. Inside was Celeste with scratches on her face and rubbing her left arm, and Makoto looking at some sort of hammer on the ground.

"Makoto! Celeste!" Hina called out to them. "I found Sakura and Hanako!"

"C-Celeste... What on Earth happened here?" Sakura asked her.