Class Trial #1 Part 1: The Blame Game

CLASS TRIAL! ALL RISE!

"Let's begin with a basic explanation of the class trial!" Monokuma started. "So, your votes will determine the results. If you can figure out "whodunnit" then only they will receive punishment. But if you pick the wrong one...then I'll punish everyone 'besides' the blackened, and the one that deceived everyone else will graduate!"

"And the killer really is one of us, right?" Makoto asked.

"Of course!" Monokuma answered.

"Okay then...everyone close your eyes, and whoever did it, raise your hand!" Taka ordered.

"Don't be a goddamn idiot. Why the hell would they raise their hand?" Mondo asked.

"Besides, that's not how a trial works," I explained.

"Before we move on and start the trial, can I ask a question real quick? What's going on with...those pictures?" Kyoko asked, pointing to the framed pictures of Sayaka and Junko marked with a red x.

"I'd feel awful if they got left out just because they died. Friendship penetrates even death's barrier!" Monokuma explained.

"Friendship...penetrates?" Hifumi repeated.

"Okay, but what about that other empty seat?" Celeste asked, gazing at the empty seat in front of Monokuma. "There were only sixteen of us to begin with, so why are there seventeen seats?"

"Oh, no reason. It's just that our little courtroom here can technically fit up to seventeen people," Monokuma excused. "Okay, that about does it for the preamble. Get ready to get started! First up is the case summary. Now, let the class trial...begin!"

-Nonstop Debate! Make Your Argument!-

Taka: I assert that the one who was murdered was Miss Sayaka Maizono!

Hiro: ... Yeah, we know that part already.

Byakuya: And the murder took place in Makoto's room.

Hina: In the bathroom...

Chihiro: So it seems most likely that... The killer must have taken her by surprise while she was in the bathroom. She didn't even have a chance to resist...

Truth Bullet: Evidence of a Struggle

Makoto: NO, THAT'S WRONG!

-BREAK!!-

"Just a second, Chihiro. Try to remember how my room looked... With the way things have been damaged, I think we can definitely assume there was a struggle," Makoto said.

"A struggle? Between who...and who?" Chihiro asked.

"Between Sayaka and the killer, of course," Makoto said.

"So you're saying...Sayaka wasn't caught by surprise in the bathroom...?"

"She must have been attacked in the main room first, then she ran to the bathroom to try and hide. The killer followed her in, and that's where they finished the job..." Celeste explained.

"That much should have been obvious after taking one look at the scene. It shouldn't even need explaining," Byakuya said.

"S-Sorry..." Chihiro said.

"Hey, it's alright. At least you tried your best," I encouraged.

"...Okay, so what's next?" Hiro asked.

"Next is the subject of the murder weapon," Sakura said.

"Wow...this is starting to sound like a real trial!" Hifumi said.