Chapter 25: Disappearing Bodies

The floor was covered in blood. And in the center of all this blood was...

"H-Hifumi...?" Makoto muttered, unable to take his eyes off the corpse.

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!" Hina screamed.

"Oh god..." I muttered.

"I-It looks like something...very bad has happened... I certainly was not expecting this. I did not imagine that Hifumi would be murdered!" Celeste grimaced.

"M-Murdered!? You're not serious, are you!? He's not really dead, is he!?" Hina yelled.

*Ding dong dong ding*

"A body has been discovered! After a certain amount of time, which you may use however you like, the class trial will begin!"

"What the...?" Hina gasped at the announcement.

"That was...the body discovery announcement. It must mean... Hifumi... Someone killed him. One of us..." Celeste explained.

"One of...us?" Makoto repeated.

"And look at that..." Celeste said, and pointed to something on the floor that had also been on the floor after the last two surprise attacks. It was another hammer. Justice Hammer 3 to be exact.

And it's even bigger than the other two!

"Just as I suspected. One strike from that, and you're finished..." Celeste said.

"Then the killer..." Makoto trailed off.

"There can be no doubt. The suspicious individual, going by what Hifumi called him... the culprit must be Robo Justice. Whoever's hiding in that costume is the one that killed Hifumi!" Celeste announced.

"But...wait... You saw him on the 3rd floor, right? Running back into the hall... So how did he end up in the nurse's office? You're not saying they, like, teleported or something, right?" Makoto questioned.

"We can figure out that part later. Right now, we have to tell the others," Celeste said, dismissing the questions.

"Y-You're right," Makoto agreed.

"Then shall we go?" Celeste asked.

I glanced at Hina. She was looking pale, her mouth wide open and her eyes shot out of her sockets.

"Hina, are you alright?" I asked.

"..." Hina said nothing.

"Hina...snap out of it," Celeste said.

"...Huh?" Hina spoke.

"Are you okay, Hina?" Makoto asked.

"S-Sorry...I'm not sure I can move right now... I-I'm feeling kinda..." Hina placed her hands over her mouth, and her legs were shaking.

"This is a problem. We can't just leave Hina here alone," Celeste said.

"Okay, then Hanako and I'll go get everyone. You stay here with Hina!" Makoto suggested.

"... Very well. I leave it to you two, then," Celeste said.

"Okay! We'll be back soon!" Makoto said and took off.

"Get well soon Hina!" I said and ran off after him. We ran to the third floor where everyone else was.

"Makoto! Celeste said that the robot was headed further down into the hallway and disappeared," I reminded him. "That must be where the others are."

"That would be the physics lab. Let's go!" Makoto said and we both ran faster.

When we entered the room, there was nobody there. Yet there was some kind of presence coming from the back room. We both entered and we were greeted by the second nightmare of the day.