Class Trail #1 Part 3: The Conclusion

"If you turn the message around... it becomes the letters L-E-O-N. L-E-O-N... or more accurately, Leon!" Makoto cried out.

"Say, isn't that your first name, Kuwata?" I asked with a smirk.

"Wh-!? What the hell are you talking about!? I-It's just a coincidence! It's just a bunch of random squiggles that happen to look like my name!" Leon denied.

"No, it's not random at all. She wrote that message on the wall behind her as she was leaning up against it. In that position, she couldn't move to write normally, and had to write upside down, as it were. And as a result... When you look at it standing in front of her, it ends up getting flipped. Try it for yourself, if you want. Write something sitting like her, and the letters will be inverted," Kyoko explained.

"Th-That sounds like one hell of a stretch to me...! I'm the killer!? You can't go and say shit like that!" Leon yelled.

"If you're 'not' the killer, then why did you try to destroy the evidence?" Kyoko asked.

"...Huh?"

"You know what I'm talking about, right Hanako? The evidence Leon tried to get rid of?"

The evidence that Leon tried to get rid of is...

-Choose Truth Bullet-

Truth Bullet: Burnt Shirt Piece

"THAT'S IT!"

-----

"It's the burnt shirt piece I found laying on the ground in front of the incinerator, right?" I asked.

"As the killer stabbed Sayaka, they must have gotten some of her blood on them. And to dispose of the shirt covered in the victim's blood, they threw it into the incinerator," Kyoko explained.

"But one piece burned off and got left behind..." Celeste said.

"And the killer didn't notice. If they had, they most certainly would have panicked. Isn't that right, Leon?" Kyoko asked him.

"Wh-Wh-Wh-Wh-!?" Leon was now sweating and looked pale.

"But is one scrap of fabric enough to conclude that Leon is guilty?" Sakura asked.

"Yeah... I mean, Leon's not the only one wearing a white button-up..." Chihiro observed.

"Th-That's right! There are plenty of other people here with shirts like mine! With just that one little charred piece, there's no way you can say for sure who it belongs to!" Leon yelled.

"You're right. That alone isn't enough. But there are some other points that may reveal the truth..." Makoto said.

"Are you finally starting to understand? The answers to all the riddles are right here," Kyoko said.

"Yeah, I think so..." Makoto muttered. "I GOT IT! If we look closely at how the shirt was disposed of, we should be able to figure out who the killer is," Makoto explained.

"O-Oh, yeah...that's a good point. I think I know what you're going to say... You can't reach the incinerator without opening the gate in front of the trash room, right? And obviously you wouldn't be able to hit the switch to turn it on, either. You'd need the key to get in. And the one with the key was...the person on cleaning duty! So the killer had to be whoever was in charge of taking care of the trash! Right!?" Leon accused.

"Hahaha. Interesting... Hifumi laughed, but then he realized that Leon was talking about him. "...Gweh!?"

Great, now the blame is on Hifumi! But there's another way to use the incinerator without being the one on cleaning duty. And that'll prove that Leon's the real killer!