Chapter 12: Sauna Battle Turned Bromance

When I opened the dining hall door, I was met with an argument between Taka and Mondo. I just stood there in silence and watched the argument go down. The door swung open to reveal Makoto walking in and stopped in his tracks when he noticed Taka and Mondo.

"Hey, Makoto! Hanako! Perfect timing!" Taka yelled when he noticed us.

"Huh? What's going on?" Makoto asked.

"No idea. I just walked in and saw these two arguing," I explained.

"I have a favor to ask! C'mon, you two. You gotta be our [witness]!" Mondo requested.

"Witness to what...?" Makoto asked.

"This guy's been talkin' shit about me since day one. Callin' me a coward and shit like that..." Mondo explained.

"You 'are' a coward! That's why you turn to violence to solve your problems! That's why you can't do what society asks of you, why you walk around dressed like that!" Taka yelled.

"...The fuck you say? You dunno shit," Mondo growled.

"You've already lost to yourself, but you're such a coward you don't even realize it!" Taka shot back.

"So what, you sayin' you're 'not' a coward? You think you're tougher than me?"

"I 'know' I am!"

"Okay, then let's throw down. Prove you got what I don't got!"

"I accept your challenge!"

"So that's what's happening', you two. You gotta be our witness!" Mondo said, turning his head towards us.

"You're gonna...throw down? You're not gonna like...start punching each other, are you?" Makoto asked.

"There's a bathhouse on the 1st floor of the dorm, right? With a sauna inside?" Mondo asked.

"I see...a simple endurance contest, is it? We're going to see who can stay in the sauna the longest, am I right!?" Taka shouted.

"Goddamn straight!" Mondo roared.

Taka dragged Makoto while Mondo carried me over his shoulder and took us to the front of the sauna door in the bathhouse.

"A-Are you guys really gonna go through with this?" Makoto asked nervously.

"Shit yeah!" Mondo cheered as he put me down.

"He'll be done in a matter of minutes, anyway. People like him are, without exception, all talk!" Taka cried out.

"Bring! It! On! Hell, let's make things interesting. Wouldn't wanna win without a challenge, right?" Mondo said.

"Interesting...?" repeated Makoto.

"How interesting?" I inquired.

"We're gonna battle with all our clothes on!" Mondo yelled.

"Th-That's idiotic! Suicidal!" Taka said, his eyes shot wide open.

"What, you afraid?" Mondo sneered.

"Y-You're going to regret this!" Taka shot back.

"Shut up and let's do this!" Mondo ordered.

=======

And so, the sauna battle has officially begun. True to his word, Mondo entered with his clothes on, while Taka, on the other hand, took his clothes off and wrapped his waist around with a towel.

"H-Hey, Mondo..." Taka called.

"What, asshole?" Mondo asked.

"You can take off your uniform, ya know. Go ahead, I won't judge."