Hide or Run

The last thing he expected was to get kidnapped by a villainous thug that his brother hired for this break-and-enter job. And he didn't think that two hero students would come out of nowhere to help him.

Especially by the blonde one rushing forward with an explosion. The explosion ripped the man away from him while he got pulled away by rock hard arms that felt like scratchy, wooden logs with bark poking at his back.

"It's okay, dude! I got you," the boy said with a reassuring tone. He turned his head and could only see the sharp toothed grin looking back at him.

The sound of an explosion followed by a yelp made him startle, whipping his head back to see the hero student standing over the villain's body. A burn mark shaped like a splash across their chest.

"Don't try getting up unless you don't want your remains to be found," the blonde student threatened. His eyebrows shot up at the threat. Wow, that sounded violent.

All Might's heavy footsteps echoed across the center as the very brightly colored superhero approached his brother. Izuku struggled in the hold of the hero student's arms who was trying to hold him still.

"Hey, bro, it's okay. We're the good guys!"

"Thanks for your help," He had no time to chat with whoever these two are. "But I got it from here so if you can just let me down now."

"Izuku."

Izuku froze. He could feel the tension between his eyebrows as they drew together in confusion. He turned his head up towards the blonde who just got down threatening the injured villain.

He faced down the glaring red eyes of the student, "...What?"

"That's your name, isn't it? You recognized that name," the student accused.

"I have no idea what you're talking about or who you are," he shook his head. He struggled again, kicking his legs to try and escape the hod the other had on him. "But can you please let me go?"

The man holding him eased up slightly if only to look over his shoulder, "Bakugo—"

"No, I know him," 'Bakugo' said, holding up a hand as he stared into his face, like he was expecting something to pop out. "And I'm not going to let him just leave."

"Okay, you asked for it," he muttered under his breath. He breathed in and pushed out a shield around him, breaking the hold the redhead had on him. The shield bounced against the blonde, making them stumble back in shock.

"Deku was quirkless. You—" Bakugo looked at the spot and stared at him with an indescribable look. "...you shouldn't have a quirk,"

He breathed in, getting himself to his feet quickly before they could grab him again. He stopped back as the words finally registered in his mind.

... He didn't use to have his quirk. Maybe the blonde actually did know him or at least knew someone else quirkless. "Then I guess I'm not who you want."

He ran while the hero student was still thrown off. He was thankful he had some of his gear on even though he didn't grab much of his weapons. He wanted to run to the center, but with All Might there, he didn't know what to do.

The entire building was huge yet there were no hiding spaces. From where he was, all he could see was the mountainous area and the huge lake zone. So either in the middle of water where he could be spotted. Or struggling to climb up a mountain where he could be easily spotted.

Maybe if he could scrounge around his gear, he could find a decent hiding space on the mountain with the fake snow trailing down the side.

God, but what if Tenko needed him? All Might was still fighting against their monster, so he would still have time to make it there before the pro hero could spot him. What does he do? God, he should have made a contingency plan just in case this happened.