Obstacle Course for a Vigilante

Why did he think this was a good idea?

Izuku had trouble navigating the hallways for any kind of escape route. He was memorizing the school layout, not the Sports Festival arena layout. So he was struggling to keep himself from getting lost completely or running into any hero that would drag him back.

He didn't know if it's luck or the opposite when he found the area where some students were gathered.

And even more trouble when he had to hide his face since he recognized the purple haired guy from general education leaning against the wall of the tunnel.

Luckily no one in the ground noticed his sudden appearance. All of them were too busy talking about what they thought they were going to do. Some people talked about how their mom would be recording the program at home just because he was participating in it. If even one of them recognized him from threatening them in the halls, he would be discovered way too soon.

Is it too late to just run now?

"YEAH! Are you ready?! Hey! Pay attention, audience! The Sports Festival officially... begins! Please give a warm welcome to the first year students about to enter the stage!"

He hurriedly turned away before anyone could notice him, the edges of his clothes peeking out from underneath the uniform. He cursed under his breath as he noticed just how much was peeking out especially with the cropped uniform top.

What the hell was he thinking? 

The music drowned out his curses as the crowd in front of him started walking into the stage with the music. The sound of fireworks and cheering filled the arena when he stepped into the light.

"The infamous Hero Course, Class 1-A! The talented Hero Course, Class 1-B! The General Studies Classes C, D, and E!" Present Mic yelled over the speakers. "The Support Course, Classes F, G, and H! And the Business Course Class, I, J, and K!"

Izuku tried to keep his head down as he started to mingle to the middle of the crowd behind a very tall man with a squared chin and pompadour hairstyle.

"Quiet, everyone!" Midnight cracked the whip to gain attention and silence anyone speaking. "Before we get started, we will hear a speech from the first year representative. Representing the first year students is Bakugo Katsuki from Class 1-A!"

Izuku bit down a laugh as the angry blond marched up the stage and stood at the podium with a pissed off expression.  The blond didn't waste time and kept the speech simple. His raspy voice echoed through the area, "I'm going to win. Keep up or don't."

The audience of students booed the short speech as others around him criticized his cocky attitude. He cracked a smile at that declaration. He hoped that the guy actually won or else this speech would be so embarrassing.

"With the speech out of the way, now it's time for the games to begin! The first game is the qualifier," Midnight announced as a screen behind her started to spin. Bunny watched carefully, keeping a hand over his face to hide his recognizable face from her. "This year's qualifying round is... an Obstacle Course Race!"

"All 11 classes will participate in this race. And the course is the outer circumference of the stadium which is about four kilometers!" Midnight licked her lips. "As long as you stay on the course, it doesn't matter what you do! Now, take your places everyone!"

It doesn't matter what he does? Huh. Interesting choice. Maybe he could even try and escape while on the track. That way everyone would be focused on the students and not on his signal.

No, they aren't that dumb. They already noticed he escaped so they would be on high alert. Dammit! He screwed over himself! He should have just knocked out the janitor and escaped. It's too late now. Maybe they would notice him on the track.