Introductions and Memories

The following day was more or less the same. Except now the class was getting pumped up and talking about how they were already training for it. Red haired guy was punching logs which was the same as the tail guy.

He should really learn their names for any future references.

Wait, he can just ask Aoyama. Ooh, having a double agent nearby is the best. It would help to have something to know their names by and not having to rely on the very physical nicknames.

Like spiky, lukewarm, octo, lightning, tape dude...

Yeah, he really needed to know at least something more about their names so he could at least tease them more directly.

It was study hall when he striked against the one who seemed to have the biggest problem with him being there. "Hey, Lukewarm."

The surrounding classmates paused in their conversations to look at him and look around yet his target never once looked up. Alright, maybe a more direct nickname. "Candycane."

"Lifebuoy. Hot and Cold." Now he could see a little vein appear on their irritated face. But at least Lightning looked a bit entertained once he knew who he was referring to. "Opposites attract. Canada flag. Poland flag. Japan—"

The red and white haired boy turned around with irritation hiding behind his flat expression. "What?"

"What's your name?" He chirped with a smile, hoping to come off friendly even though they looked even more annoyed at him at his attempt. "I have limited nicknames I can call you by before I become unoriginal."

"I have no reason to tell you," his target turned back around, shaking their head at him.

He won't be like that for long. Izuku shrugged, "Okay. Peppermint. Icyhot. Pokeball—"

A frost formed over their side with a tiny little flame escaping from under their collar. A hiss of steam rose from the back of their shirt while their mouth remained a thin, tight line. "Todoroki Shoto."

"Great, Todoroki," he grinned back at Todoroki's face as he didn't look up at him from his desk. "Nice to meet you."

Maybe he was just imagining the sigh of relief that made Todoroki's shoulders relax. But he smirked at the reaction nonetheless.

"Ah, I suppose it has been a bit rude of us to not have introduced ourselves yesterday. I apologize for not taking the lead as vice class president to fulfill that purpose!" The blue haired classmate more or less strictly shouted like he was reprimanding himself. "I am Iida Tenya."

"And I am the class president, Yaoyoruzu Momo." Yaoyoruzu introduced herself with a kind smile. "Oh! Please come to us if you need anything. We want to make sure our class has everything they need to succeed."

"I suppose I can't order a lockpick," Izuku pressed his both pointer fingers together to form a vertical line over his mouth.

Iida didn't hesitate, "I'm afraid not."

Izuku sighed, trying to relieve any tension they had since Yaoyoruzu's shoulder suddenly tensed up, "Don't worry, it's just jokes."

Lightning didn't want to hold back any longer it seemed since the blonde peeked over Iida's arm to extend his arm towards him with a lopsided smirk. "You can call me Kaminari."

One by one, people started introducing themselves with mostly their one of their names instead of both. A lot were still closed off towards him even with Aoyama chiming in about how he could it be a bad guy since he loved cheese as much as him...

And that wasn't too far off since the cheese he snuck him before he went home was very good. Izuku should get some recommendations—wait. He can just tell Aoyama to tell Kurogiri about the good cheese he tasted.