Chapter 1 Part 1- Roped Up in a Killing Game

Slowly, I sat up, cracking my neck as I did. I'd barely gotten any sleep the night before, and ended up stretching some of my muscles to the point that they hurt. And I didn't even get that well rested, so it wasn't even worth it. Maybe I should've done some studying. But for now, I should just get ready. Suddenly, the monitors turned on.

"Um... hi everyone... it's Araigu. I- I just wanted to say, that it's now 7 AM, so Nighttime is over. Have a g- good day!"

I paused, waiting for the announcement to stop. So, that's how we'll learn what time it is. I put on my glasses, taking a moment to readjust them. I walked into the closet, putting on the identical clothes that hung in there. Afterwards, I put on my shoes, tying the laces together. Finally, I had finished, so I sat down at my desk, taking out my fountain pen. I admired it for a moment, before pulling out a notebook. I opened it to the first page, ready to right something down.

Suddenly, a knock at my door distracted me. I sighed, getting up from the desk and leaving everything on top of it. I approached the door, being very cautious as I opened it, leaving the small chain lock on it. I slightly stuck my head over to the crack, being careful to be out of the range of any knives that may come plunging directly at me.

"H- hey Hirano..." Furuya said. I paused, looking her up and down. No weapons. At least none that were visible.

"U- um, hey Furuya. W- why are you here?" I asked. She paused for a moment.

"Um, s- so someone fucking told m- me to bring you t- to the kitchen area." She said, not noticing the swear word that had left her mouth.

"S- so you want me to follow you?" I asked. She nodded.

"Yeah, at your earliest c- convenience." She replied. I sighed, taking off the lock on the door.

"It's a- alright, I can go n- now..." I said. She smiled.

"Thank you!" She replied. I smiled in return, and followed her over to the kitchen, making sure to clothes the door behind me. Finally, we walked into the dining area. Everyone was there, except for two people. Taguchi, the Hustler, and Yamazaki, the Photographer.

"Hey Hirano!" Kawata said, smiling as he walked over. "You okay? You don't look like you slept at all last night. I nodded.

"Y- yeah, I'm fine." I responded. He nodded, walking over to the table and pulling out a chair, letting me sit down it, before pushing it towards the table. He repeated this process for Furuya.

"Um... s- so, why did you call us all here?" Shishido asked. Kawata nodded to himself, before walking to the end of the table and standing at the front of it.

"Alright! So we're going to be talking about different strategies for protecting everyone, and then we're going to investigate this place to figure out how to get out of here." He explained. Everyone nodded to each other.

"But shouldn't we split up into groups? For protection? We don't know who's gonna murder at what time." Miyazaki said, tapping her hand on the table, with her other arm folded.

"That's a good idea! Here, I'll split us all into groups of three by random." He said. He looked at me. "So, we'll have Hirano go with..." he looked around the room. "Furuya, since you were the one who brought her here... and..." he examined the room.

"OOH OOH ME!!!" Sugai said, nearly jumping in his seat with his hand in the air. Kawata laughed, and nodded.

"Sure, you can do that." He replied. Sugai cheered to himself.

"Heh heh heh... perfect..." he whispered. Suddenly, he started to chuckled, before it slowly turned into a maniacal laugh. I made eye contact with Kajiwara.