Chapter 5 Part 5- The Good, The Bad, And The Blackened

I stared at the door as Kawata walked out. Something was wrong. Well, while we're still in this hotel, everything is wrong. But it was clear to me that Kawata wasn't doing well.

I'd have to talk to him later. Right now, I have to head to the hospital. I stood up, taking a step and immediately collapsing to the ground. I paused for a moment, putting a hand over my heart. It was still racing a million miles an hour. I started taking deep breaths again. I still wasn't stable enough to stand. I helped myself up with the table next to me. I was still shaking violently, and my skin was pale and ghostly. I wouldn't be able to get to the hospital in this state. But... I had to try.

I stumbled out of the dining room, and started hobbling my way down the hall. God, it was hard to walk. I fell onto the floor, crumbling against the wall. I started taking deep breaths, trying to calm myself down. It's still in the back of my mind. God, why did I have to relive that memory? I'd avoided remembering that incident this whole time. And as soon as I relive it, I can't even walk. I started hyperventilating, unable to get myself to calm down.

"Hirano?" Someone said. I hurriedly tried to stand up, but stumbled over myself, falling to the ground. Before I hit the floor, I was grabbed by the arm and lifted up. "That was a close one." They laughed nervously.  I looked up.

"O- Otani?" I blurted out. He smiled.

"H- hey, are you okay? You were just, laying in the hallway." Someone asked. It was Arima, who had been standing on the other side of Otani.

"O- oh, I'm alright. Thanks." I replied, standing up. Otani frowned.

"But... you're pale and shaking." Otani said. I paused.

"Y- yeah! I'm fine! I appreciate the concern." I insisted, turning my back to them and stepping forward. Suddenly, I felt light headed, tripping over myself and falling to the ground. But, yet again, before I hit the floor, Otani grabbed me by the arm and lifted me back up.

"Hirano..." Otani mumbled, looking at me sympathetically. I sighed.

"... s- sorry... yeah... I need some help..." I said. Arima walked over to me, letting my arm go on his opposite shoulder.

"W- well, good thing we're going t- to the hospital." Arima replied, smiling softly. Otani nodded.

"I'm a little bit confused though. Ressa said that the hospital was opened? Wasn't it always open?" Otani asked.

"I- I went there earlier today. Th- the front door was locked." I responded.

"Oh, um, okay. Let's head to the hospital now, o- okay?" Arima said. Otani grabbed my other arm, and smiled.

"Yeah, let's go." Otani replied.

We started walking to the hospital, my feet fumbling at every step. I couldn't walk. Why was that? Earlier, I'd stumbled over to the hospital in a trance. I'd felt sick, and tireless. It had been a horrifying feeling. Like... I was just aimlessly moving. Trying to find some safe place that didn't exist. That was horrifying. I want to go home. I want to see my dad. I want to sleep in my twin sized bed. And just... forget the world ever put me through all of this. Forget that this ever happened. And maybe... everything could be normal again.

"Hirano... why were you laying in the hallway?" Arima mumbled out of the blue.

"..." I stared at the ground for a moment. Should I tell them? "I..." Tears started to fall from my eyes. "I... I killed... someone..." I mumbled. Arima's eyes lost their sparkle, staring at me emotionlessly, his mouth agape. Otani didn't react, he just stared, trying to process the situation.

"What?" He blurted out, dropping my arm as he stepped away from me. "You... you what?" I stared at him, unable to respond.

"I- it wasn't anyone here... b- but..." I looked at the ground in shame. My heart started racing again. The lifeless face of Masako appearing in my head. I lost my breath, unable to stand. My legs crumbled, Otani reacting quickly to catch me.