Chapter 5 Part 8- The Good, The Bad, And The Blackened

We all made it out of the secret room. We all raced downstairs, trying to reach the game room as fast as possible. We got there, opening the door. But no one was there.

"Hey! Don't open that door!" Ressa yelled, appearing out of nowhere and slamming the door shut. I stared at Ressa for a moment. "Ugh, you guys never listen!"

"Listen to what?" Imamura asked. Ressa stomped around, angry at us. "The motive! You guys never listen to what I tell you!"

"What motive?" Otani replied. Ressa stared at us for a moment.

"Ohhhhhhhh I completely forgot to tell you huh?" Ressa said. "Well I obviously did that on purpose so you can't be mad at me." Ressa chuckled. "Araigu made this motive when they were still alive. Basically, each of you guys has a room based around your death. If someone solves the case, they get a secret about the victim of the fake murder! You're only allowed to have one secret about someone else, and no one else is allowed to take your secret unless YOU share it. Also, no getting your own secret! That just wouldn't be fun!" Ressa chuckled. "It's kind of like an escape room."

"What if they don't solve it?" Imamura asked.

"Well, then you get a secret revealed to everyone else!" Ressa laughed.

"... how many secrets have been revealed?" I replied.

"PFFT- I'M NOT STUPID!!! I'm not gonna tell you ANYTHING!!!" Ressa smiled. "Anyways, I've got to set up the next crime scene! Have fun with whatever shenanigans you guys get up to!" He chuckled. He ran into the game room, slamming the door closed. I stared at the ground for a moment. Does... that mean someone solved my crime scene? It had to be Yamazaki right? But he already knew about my murder. So even if he did get my secret, it wouldn't mean anything. And what is it to say that it's a bad secret? Well, I guess it's the motive but it can't be anything super terrible. I doubt everyone here did something horrible enough for that treatment of their secret.

"Hirano!" Imamura yelled, grabbing my attention. "I've said your name like five times!"

"O- oh, I'm sorry. I was just thinking." I said. Imamura stared at me, a puzzled and skeptical look on her face.

"About what?" She asked. I stared at her for a moment.

"Just about what my secret could be." I replied.

"... uh, alright. We want to head over to the hospital really quickly. I need to explain something to the two of you." Imamura said.

"Oh, um, yeah! I'm up for that." I responded.

"Okay, let'a go then." Otani answered. We all started to walk outside. Otani held the door open for Imamura, who's wheels struggled to move through the grass. I opened the door to the hospital, this time holding it for them. As they stepped through the door, something caught my eye.

"... what the..." I whispered. I looked back at Otani and Imamura. I sighed. Crap, my curiosity is getting the better of me. I looked back over. Without another thought, I let go of the door, walking towards the thing that had caught my attention.

I walked past the buildings, each one progressively getting smaller. The hotel was the largest, then the hospital, then the supermarket, and finally the sacrifice dome. At least... it used to be the smallest. I stopped in my tracks, staring up at the building, now with no tarp on it. It was a... house? The outside of it was a disheveled yellow. The windows were blocked by the blinds. It was old, like it was haunted, but not old enough to be decaying. But... even though the house wasn't... it felt like something inside was. A horrible aura killed the air around me, making me lose my breath. What... is this place?

Slowly, I approached the door. I placed a single hand on the handle, slowly pushing it open. I expected to see something horrible. Maybe a dead body. Maybe a ghost. Anything. But there was nothing. Just an empty, cold house. I stepped inside, leaving the door open behind me. It was just... a house. But something felt wrong with it. I just couldn't put my finger on it. But it was the same aura as when I had walked into moms hospital room, and when I stepped into Masako's funeral.