Chapter 5 Part 1- The Good, The Bad, And The Blackened

The world was dark. Dreary and unmoving. Trapped in a box of unending nothingness. Not a sound. But it wasn't a dreadful feeling. It was a feeling of peace. Like the universe was taking me to some other place, that wasn't filled with hate. It was filled with an ecstasy I couldn't describe. If only the world were always like this. Peaceful. But that's okay. If things never went wrong, we'd never be able to appreciate moments like this.

Suddenly, a blaring sound entered my ears. My hand flopped around, until my hand landed on the alarm clock, ending the noise. I sat up, rubbing my eyes, before letting them scan the room. And suddenly, it caught my attention.

On the calendar on the other side of the room were a bunch of X's on certain days, and on today was a giant circle. My eyes lit up as the realization hit me. I quickly jumped out of bed.

"It's my first day at school!" I cheered. It might be strange to be excited for the first day of school, but this time it was special. Because I was going to Yuustumi! And well, it had always been my dream to go there.

Suddenly, I froze, grabbing onto my chest. An indescribable pain had hit my chest. I took deep breaths, trying to remain calm, until the pain disappeared a couple of seconds later. Quickly, I grabbed a bottle of pills off of the nightstand and threw two of them into my mouth. I took a gulp of water from a glass that sat next to the bottle. I swallowed both, before taking a deep breath.

The pain never went away. It was always there, but sometimes it was a lot more intense. It was actually starting to get worse. No no, that was just in my head. And besides, I wasn't going to let this ruin my day. Today was going to be one of the best days of my life.

I smiled to myself. Yeah, yeah! Today would be great. Nothing was going to stop me from having a good day. Well, if I didn't start getting ready it probably would. I laughed to myself, opening up my suitcase. I'd already folded all my clothes the day prior, so right now all I had to do was pack them all up.

I stuffed the clothes into the suitcase. It was mostly just the school uniforms, but I also packed some clothes I could wear to the store or go to the pool, or maybe even go to some fancy activities. I chuckled. I'd never been to any fancy parties in my entire life. It would probably be a lot of fun! With everything going on in my life, I'd kind of missed out on those things.

I zipped up my suitcase, and pulled my backpack over to me. I opened it up, taking some textbooks, notebooks, pens, and other school essentials inside. And then some personal items of my own. I grabbed a smaller bag, placing my prescriptions inside before stuffing them into the backpack. I tried zipping it up, struggling to get everything to stay inside. Finally, I managed to get everything inside.

I stood up, putting the backpack up and throwing it over my shoulder, nearly falling with it from how heavy it was. I chuckled to myself, pulling the suitcase up and placing it down. I took a deep breath, looking at the time. I smiled. I had about an hour to make it there. Suddenly, a loud buzz went off.

Oh, that was different. Usually I had to go over and get her. I laughed to myself a bit, dragging the suitcase with me as I headed downstairs. I walked over to the front door. I opened the door so quickly that I nearly fell over as I did. The person screamed, stumbling back.

"Oh fuck! I- I'm so sorry S̸̬͝x̶͓́b̵̔͜w̴͇̎j̷̽ͅr̷̬̽i̷͈̿e̵̙͋c̶͇͆ẙ̵ͅ!" She yelled.

"It's okay Furuya!" I laughed. "Jeez, I'm surprised you got to my house so early. Usually I have to go and wake YOU up!"

"Heh... y- yeah..." Furuya replied. "U- um, you ready to head out?" "I nodded.

"Wait, S̸̬͝x̶͓́b̵̔͜w̴͇̎j̷̽ͅr̷̬̽i̷͈̿e̵̙͋c̶͇͆ẙ̵ͅ!" My mom cried out, racing over to the door. "Are you sure you don't want me to drive you guys there?"