Chapter 1 Part 2- Roped Up in a Killing Game

I grabbed him by the wrist, and dragged Sugai through the hallways. He didn't reply, just stayed silent as I brought him around. Furuya tried her best to keep up, but fell behind a bit. I brought him into the singing area, and sat him down in one of the chairs.

Furuya ran in a moment later. She was panting, as she slowly approached the seat she'd been in when the meeting this morning had started. I sat down in my chair, staring at Sugai. Sweat dripped down my face. Maybe it was the stress of learning about his broken finger, or maybe I just wanted to make sure he didn't run away and do something else dangerous. We waited for awhile, before one of the groups arrived back.

"Hey you guys!" Arima said, a bright smile on his face. Kajiwara and Kawata followed closely behind.

"Oh th- thank goodness..." I replied, sighing in relief. The three of them looked at me, puzzled. "Um, S- Sugai broke his finger..." the three of them looked to him with varying reactions. Kawata looked concerned, Kajiwara was unimpressed and Arima had a look of astonishment.

"Oh my god! How'd you do that!?" Arima said, running up to him, excitedly looking at the wound on his hand.

"Heh, I jumped on Hirano's back, and when she fell I rolled into a table." He responded, almost as if it were some sort of accomplishment. Arimas head immediately spun around to make eye contact with me, being bright eyed and cheery. A pleading look in his face, as he jumped up and down.

"Hirano you gotta let me do that!" He yelled. I stared at him, an expression of pure dread plastered on my face.

"W- what!? No! I wouldn't w- want to happen again!" I said. Arima frowned.

"Oh... um... I guess that's okay..." he replied, pulling a chair back and sitting down and staring at the ground, a sad, almost depressed look on his face.

"W- what!? Why are you so sad about th- that?" I yelled out.

"Sugai, come with me." Kajiwara said, grabbing him by the wrist.

"Hey! Where are you taking me!?" He cried out, as Kajiawara dragged him out of the room, right past Naito.

"Um, what was that about?" She asked, walking into the room with Otani and Tengan.

"Sugai broke his finger, so Kajiwara is bringing him to his Ultimate Lab. At least that's where I think he's going." He said.

"Ultimate L- lab?" I replied. He nodded, looking to me.

"Yeah, I'll explain it to everyone when they get here. Let's just wait for a moment." Kawata said.

"I could bake something while we wait!" Otani said, enthusiastically walking to the kitchen.

"That won't be necessary. Everyone should be back shortly." Tengan replied. Otani stopped, and sadly walked to his seat and sat down. Tengan pulled back her own chair and sat down, keeping her strong posture. Slowly, everyone came back into the room, some in arguments and others with smiles on their faces. Still, Yamazaki and Taguchi weren't here.

"So, shall we begin?" Kawata asked.

"Yeah, that'll be good." Taguchi said, walking into the room and pulling a chair back, before sitting down and resting his feet on the table.

"W- wha? You're here Taguchi?" Kawata replied. The hustler laughed, making eye contact with him.

"What? Am I not allowed to join everyone here? I mean, I gotta know what you guys are gonna try and do to avoid me!" He explained. Suddenly, a newspaper slammed down onto his feet, making him so surprised that he leaned back to far and his chair hit the floor.