Chapter 5 Part 9: The Good, The Bad, And The Blackened

"Man, wasn't last night fun guys? Glad I could be there to be apart of your guys's scene." Ressa said over the monitor. "Anyways! It's time to get to doing things. I'll probably come around and annoy you guys! So have fun with that! Buh bye!" Ressa said, the monitor shutting off. I rubbed my eyes, placing on my half broken glasses. Kawata was gonna be waiting outside for role call. I have to get out there quickly.

I quickly pulled on my shoes, and walked out the door. Otani, Yamazaki, Arima, and Sugai were already there. Sugai looked really peeved to be standing in line. Well, more like the back of the line. I stood next to him.

"Why are you here? Do you know about role call already?" I asked. Sugai stared at me for a moment.

"What role call? I'm in line to get food!" Sugai said. He paused, looking down the line. "Wait, is this not the cafeteria line?"

"No, I'm sorry Sugai. You'll have to wait for breakfast. I can't leave the room during nighttime so I can't start on cooking." Otani replied. Sugai's jaw dropped, looking at him as if that was the most horrific thing he'd ever heard.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Sugai screamed at the top of his lungs. Everyone just stared at him in silence, as he continued to yell. Suddenly, Yamazaki walked over and grabbed him by both arms, pressing inward so his limbs were pressed together. He held him up in the air.

"Shut. The. Fuck. Up." Yamazaki said. Sugai glared at him for a moment, before spitting in his face. "EW!!!" Yamazaki yelped, dropping Sugai to the ground, skedaddling over to hide behind Otani. He started wiping his face with the gloves on his hands, his face turning a bright red, steam coming out of his ears. "ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS!? I'M GONNA FUCKING KILL YOU SHIT GREMLIN!!!"

"Yamazaki." Kawata said, glaring at him. "Don't threaten him." He said, tapping a pen on a clipboard.

"Yeah Yamazaki! Don't threaten me!" Sugai chuckled, putting the letter L to his forehead.

"You, stop roughhousing." Kawata snapped. Sugai glared at him, folding his arms in defiance. Kawata sighed. "Alright. Let's begin. Otani."

"Here."

"Arima." Kawata said.

"Here."

"Yamazaki." He continued.

"Here..."

"Hirano." He said next.

"Present."

"Sugai." He called out.

"Alive!"

"And Imamura has been excused." Kawata said, tucking the clipboard under his arm.

"Huh? Why's that?" Arima asked, tilting his head slightly.

"She's currently stuck in 'prison' at the moment." He replied, putting air quotes.

"Wait, why?" Otani responded immediately. Kawata sighed.

"Well, she genuinely threatened Yamazaki's life. Any threats on other peoples lives are taken seriously. So, she has to be in there for a little while." Kawata explained. Everyone stared at him in silence for a moment, Kawata nervously scratching the back of his neck. "Well, I guess we're dismissed-"

"HEY!!! WAIT!!!" Sugai yelled, running over to Kawata. "YAMAZAKI THREATENED ME!!! WHY ISN'T HE IN JAIL!?" Kawata sighed, tipping his hat to cover the top half of his face.

"Well, Yamazaki and Imamura cannot be in the same room at the moment. I would've arrested him for that, but if they were trapped in the sacrifice dome together, one of them would be dead within the hour." Kawata replied, turning away.