Chapter 5 Part 16: The Good, The Bad, And The Blackened

Part of me still can't believe that believe what I'm looking at. Like, what the fuck? Hirano is dead? I mean, I guess these are the consequences for what I've done. Honestly, I'm kind of surprised.

Why the fuck did everyone believe me so easily? I mean, I'm probably the most fucking suspicious individual here. If anyone shouldn't have been trusted, it was me. I guess I wasn't allowed to lie, but it's really easy to when you use some well placed misdirection, to be on topic but not lie about anything.

Besides, that was such a stupid lie. I pulled that so far from up my ass. No one even bothered to check the note I had in my hand. They just trusted my anger, and took it at face value. The note just recapped the whole thing with Masako. So no, Hano Yoshiko is not Hirano Rei. Though, it seems like a lot of people believed that lie. I paused for a moment, staring silently at Hirano's body.

For some reason, it was making me feel sick. What the fuck? Jeez, I've killed eleven people. I've watched so many people die here as well. Multiple executions, and multiple murders. I've seen people die in front of me. Hell, I even watched a girl scream out in agony as the feeling and movement in her legs. And I didn't even break a sweat. So why? Why is my stomach churning so much.

Oh fuck. OH FUCK. NUH UH. NO. SHUT UP STUPID FUCKING HEAD. YOU DO NOT CARE!!! STOP IT!!!

I took a deep breath. It's fine. Right now, you've gotta figure out what the best course of action is. Okay, looking at the crime scene, I can immediately tell that Hirano was in a panic when she died. Hm. Okay, I know the next best course of action.

The only question is: who do I use to test my theory? Otani would work nicely, but with tensions so high I doubt I'd be able to persuade him to come out of his room. And if he were to attack me, I would most likely be unable to fight him off. Sugai is also another good one, he's small and I could easily drag him along with me. But he's also unpredictable, and feral. There's no telling what could go wrong with him. Imamura is another one, but definitely one of the worser options. I don't have the time to go over to the hospital to get her. The killer could easily come over and get rid of any evidence. Kawata is out of the question. While I was able to get him confused as to if Hirano is Hano Yoshiko or not, but he would not trust me to take him out of his room at night. Especially at night. That left only one person. Alright, I guess that would work nicely.

I started walking away from the crime scene, making sure to look back every once in awhile. The evidence cannot be compromised. I took a deep breath, walking over to Arima's door. Quickly, I knocked, making sure to make each one sound urgent. Slowly, the door began to open. Arima stuck his head slightly out. His eyes went wide, as he tried to close the door. I quickly place a foot inside, forcing him to keep it open.

"L- leave me alone!" He yelled, desperately trying to close the door, fear in his eyes. I took a long, angry sigh.

"I just want to talk." I said. Arima continued trying to close the door, only succeeding at hurting my foot. I glared at him.

"N- no you don't murderer! D- don't come near me!" He called out, continuing to try and fail. I rolled my eyes, grabbing him by the wrist and ripping him out of the room into the hallway. Arima started screaming, trying to release himself from my tight grip. He seemed to slightly notice the scars on my hand, but was mostly desperately trying to escape for his life. I should've put my gloves and scarf back on, but it didn't bother me.

"Stop- squirming!" I growled. Arima did not take the command. Actually, that only made him more fierce. He went to bite my hand, but I quickly pulled his arm behind his back so he couldn't. Jeez, it feels like just the other day he was trying to kill himself. Why the fuck is he so desperately trying to escape now? I took him to the office room, dropping him onto the floor. Only after I let go, did Arima stop fighting. Now he was met with the sight of Hirano's dead body sprawled across the floor.