Chapter 5 Part 2- The Good, The Bad, And The Blackened.

I took a deep breath. Well, that was a lot of promises. But, I'm not going to break them. And right now, I knew exactly what I needed to do.

I walked over to Otani, waving to him as I approached. He paused for a moment turning to hide his face as he wiped something off of his face, before turning to me with a bubbly smile. I paused for a moment. Did I really have what it took to do this? I could feel my face beginning to sweat. I took a deep breath, shaking my head. Yeah, I've got this.

"Hello Hirano!" Otani said, smiling at me. "Um, here give me a moment." He said. He got up, glancing around the room before picking a pillow up from one of the shelves and placing it down next to him. "Here, have a seat." I smiled, sitting down on the pillow. "I like your hair!"

"Thanks! I don't know, I just wanted to do something different." I said. I readjusted my position on the pillow.

"So, how are you?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I could be doing better." I said. I turned to face him. "Um, what about you? How have you been doing?" I asked. Otani smiled for a moment.

"I'm doing as well as I can." He replied. I stared at him silently for a moment.

"What does that mean?" I asked. He looked at me for a moment, before taking a long sigh.

"Well, do you see Kawata and Yamazaki?" He said, pointing to the two of them. I nodded. "I'm upset because they're upset. Same with Arima, Imamura, Sugai, and you." He paused for a moment. "But if everyone is upset, there's no way we can push forward. We won't get out of here." He smiled. "If I can give someone a little bit of hope, then I'll be happy." I grinned.

"You give me hope for humanity." I said. He stared at me skeptically.

"What do you mean?" He asked. I chuckled.

"Nothing..." I paused for a moment. "You're just really nice." He stared at me for a moment, before a smile appeared on his face.

"Thank you. But there are a lot of people like me." He said. "Honestly, there are a lot of nice people out there. But some of them are going through some hard times, and they close themselves off from the world. There's a little bit of good in every person, at least, that's what I believe. The great person inside of them just hasn't had a chance to shine." I stared at him for a moment, before a bright smile came across my face.

"That's... really sweet Otani." I said. He nodded, before taking a small pause.

"Hirano, there's something really important that I need to talk to you about." Otani replied.

"O- oh, what is it?" I asked. He took a deep breath, before putting his mouth to my ear.

"I found a secret room." He whispered.

"Really!? Why didn't you say anything earlier!?" I mumbled out of surprise.

"I found a little bit before the body announcement... so I couldn't really tell anyone before the class trial..." Otani replied.

"Oh crap... have you been up all night?" I asked. Otani stared at me for a moment, before nodding. "I- I'm so sorry... you must be so tired right now..." He put both his hands out, shaking them ever so slightly back and forth.

"No no! Get rid of that thought. I'm alright. I may be a bit tired, but I've lasted all night. I can last until we escape this place." Otani said. I frowned.

"Yeah... but you should try and get some rest. It can affect your mental health if you stay up to long." I replied. Otani chuckled.

"Alright Hirano. I appreciate it." Otani responded.