Chapter 4 Part 7- Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones, But Words Can Truly Kill

"S- so... you know what he could've stolen?" Kawata replied.

"Yeah! It was my fountain pen." I responded. Kawata stared blankly for a moment, before putting his hand around his chin and thinking to himself.

"Well, we'll have to wait... we don't have anyway of actually getting into his room, since I don't have a proper warranty..." he thought for a moment, before lowering his hand. "Well, at the very least, we know what we have to keep an eye out for. Of course, we'll need to get a way into that room. But we'll come up with something!"

"Like what?" Ressa asked. The both of us didn't react to the sudden appearance of the red panda. "Oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I get it, you're trying to be menaces to society like me!" Ressa said, pulling out a handkerchief and motioning the wipe of a tear. "I'm so proud..."

"W- why are you here..?" I replied, stepping back and staring with a tinge of fear in my eyes.

"Ugh, again with the reasons!" He yelled out. He took a sigh, which very strange to watch, before he turned back to us. "Anyways, yes, I do have my reasons." He glared at the two of us. "You see... I find the entertainment of a screen to be my favorite pastime. Looking to see whatever shenanigans or misery you may be in, is a v-ery interesting thing to witness... but, you see..." Ressa pointed towards both of us. "Well... I haven't seen either of you on the cameras... which is a very big problem that could lead to the deaths of both of you..." Kawata stared, a look of false anger and horrifying fear taking the place of his blank demeanor. "Jeez, are you guys doing the dirty? Yeah, keep that out of the cameras! I don't wanna be called a pedophile! Professionals have standards! Are you guys even allowed to do that!? Are you guys even old enough for that!? The age of consent is eighteen! Wait, or is it something else in Japan? I'm going off of American laws."

"I fucking hate you..." Kawata said.

"Tee hee! Oh Kawata, you're too modest!" Ressa teased. "And why is it that you only swear when you're talking about me hmm? Why not anyone else? Oh, I get it! Do you have a crush on me? Aaaaaawwwww, Kawata! You flatter me!" Kawata groaned, beginning to walk away. I sighed, turning in the opposite direction and taking a couple of steps. "Oh... and by the way... I'd suggest splitting apart a lot more often... because if I find out what you're doing... things are not going to end well for either of you..." Ressa cackled, before disappearing.

I looked back to see if Kawata was still there. But, he'd disappeared. I sighed, walking away. I started to think about what I could do now. Maybe I could check on Imamura. She seemed really upset earlier, and it would be good to make sure that she's doing alright.

I nodded to myself, trying to think about where she might be. And suddenly, I ran directly into someone else. I fell to the floor, staring up out of the sudden surprise.

"Oh, uh, Hirano..." Imamura said, holding a hand out to me. I laughed a bit, grabbing it and pulling myself up. "Um, are you alright?"

"Oh, I'm fine! Um, I- I was actually just looking for you." I replied. Imamura stared at me blankly.

"Why?" She responded. I paused for a moment.

"Oh, I- I just wanted to make sure you were doing alright." I said. "Y- you know, after the whole thing with Yamazaki..?"

"Yeah, I'm aware of what happened." Imamura replied. "Well, I'm fine now, so you don't have to worry."

"Oh, what happened?" I responded. Imamura stared at me for a moment, before turning away from me.

"Someone talked to me and made me feel better..." Imamura said.

"Who was it?" I replied. She didn't say anything else, just staring at the floor. "O- oh, you don't have to say anything. I can leave you alone now... I'm sorry... I just wanted to make sure you were doing okay." I turned away, beginning to walk away.