Chapter 4 Part 4: Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones, But Words Can Truly Kill

"Wow! He hit it right on the money!" Ressa laughed. "Yeah, this is a motive. You guys are stupid if you think I wouldn't do another motive!"

"We knew you'd do another motive! But how the hell is a pistol a motive?" Imamura said.

"Well, stupid, what's the name of this little place?" Ressa asked. Imamura's eyes went wide. There was no other explanation needed. It was clear what he meant. But, he continued on anyway. "This is the sacrifice dome! Which means... I'm going to need one of you... to shoot yourself in the head! And if you do, you'll get this thing right here..." Ressa chuckled, holding up a piece of paper. "You see... I'll prevent any murder, as long as you sacrifice something right in that room over there." Ressa chuckled, pretending to put a gun to his head.

"B- but we don't have to th- though, right? I- it's a reward for doing i- it, so it's not required..." Arima reasoned. Ressa chuckled to himself.

"Oh no! The reward is only to further you all to doing it! Because if one of you doesn't become a sacrifice within seven days, then let's just say that your experience in this killing game will last a lot longer... it just might not be with the same people..." Ressa laughed.

"HELL. NO." Yamazaki said, coming out of his place in the corner. "I'M NOT GOING THROUGH THIS FUCKING KILLING GAME AGAIN!!! YOU'RE GOING TO LET ME OUT RIGHT NOW!!!" Yamazaki yelled, grabbing Ressa.

"So sorry not sorry Yamazaki, but this is what's going to happen! And by the way, if you don't put me down right now you're body is probably gonna be contorted and snapped in many different directions!" Ressa laughed. Yamazaki angrily glared at Ressa, before placing him down. Yamazaki turned to us all.

"Alright, who's going to do it?" Yamazaki said.

"Huh-" Kawata began, his face filled with utter disgust.

"I'M NOT GONNA DO THIS FUCKING KILLING GAME AGAIN SO ONE OF YOU IS GOING TO HAVE TO FUCKING PULL THE TRIGGER!!!" Yamazaki yelled.

"Y- Yamazaki, calm down-" Arima began.

"Hey, didn't Taguchi say that you were cutting yourself? Why isn't this any different!? It would stop all the pain! And it's your fault Miyazaki is dead! You have to sacrifice yourself now you have to pay for your sins! And you almost killed everyone else! Why don't you just do it and we'll all forgive you!" Yamazaki said, desperately trying to reason with him. Arima stared at Yamazaki with tears in his eyes. Suddenly, Yamazaki was shoved back.

"Yamazaki, why would you say that!?" Otani snapped back.

"Is it wrong to!? It is his fault! And he had to pay for it right!?" Yamazaki said.

"Yamazaki, human life is valuable! You can't just say something like that..." Otani replied sadly. "None of us are going to sacrifice themselves! I'll make sure of it!" Yamazaki glared at Otani, as he backed away.

"You want to repeat this!? You want this whole killing game to replicate itself!?" Yamazaki snapped back.

"If it means we get out alive... that's okay. We can stop the killing game from even starting. We just have to play this right. We don't have to sacrifice ourselves." Otani said, trying to reason with Yamazaki, approaching him with his arms out.

"FUCK THIS!!!" Yamazaki yelled, slapping Otani's hand away. "I HATE THIS KILLING GAME!!! I HATE THIS HELL HOLE!!! I DON'T WANT TO LIVE THROUGH THIS NIGHTMARE AGAIN!!! I'M NOT DOING THIS SHIT AGAIN!!! NOT AGAIN!!!" Yamazaki screamed, grabbing onto his head, staring at the ground with a look of pure fear and fury in his eyes. He started to hyperventilate. But, before he continued, he took a deep breath. And suddenly, he stood straight back up. Tears had fallen down his cheeks. "I'll be going... don't follow me..." Yamazaki said, walking out of the door. Everyone remained silent, unable to respond to the sudden outburst.