Chapter 2 Part 3- Our Fears, Phobias and Moments of Bliss

"What are you looking at?" Someone asked. Quickly, I stood up, my eyes going wide with fear as I gripped the note. I paused, staring directly into someone's soul. I should've known it would be them.

"W- what do you want Yamazaki?" I replied, trying to act tough. He wasn't phased, just staring at me with a blank expression.

"What did you find?" He asked, almost as if he was repeating himself. I paused, looking down at the paper, and then up and him. Quickly, I tried to hide it behind my back. Suddenly, I was grabbed by the wrist, him glaring into my eyes. A fear overcame me, as I stared at his intimidating expression. He used his other hand, grabbing the note out of my hand. Why didn't I move? If I had moved, he wouldn't have gotten the paper.

He let go of my wrist, and looked down at the paper. He scanned it for a moment, before he looked to the small hole in the wall. He seemed to be lost in thought, putting the pieces together in his mind. Suddenly, I put my arms out.

"I- I'm not the traitor! I- I would never do th- that!" I yelled out. He rolled his eyes, putting the note in his pocket.

"You really think that I'd suspect you of being the traitor?" He asked. I stared at him, expecting some sort of insult to come out of his mouth, being spat out at my face. "If you were the traitor, then you wouldn't have led the trial. Unless you really wanted to continue the killing game, but that would just be suspicious." I stared at him for a moment.

"W- well... I guess that makes sense." I said. He rolled his eyes, turning around and walking down the hall. "HEY!!!" I yelled out. He stopped moving. Honestly, I wasn't even sure if he was going to listen to me. But he did. Why did he listen? "Th- the note. Give it back." He slowly turned around.

"And what are you gonna do with it?" He said, glaring at me. I held eye contact, though I could feel my hands sweating.

"I- I have to show everyone! The group needs to know that there's a traitor!" I replied. He continued to stared at me, before finally turning all the way around.

"And what will that do?" He asked. "Because I can answer that question..."

"W- well, it'll make everyone understand that-" I began.

"Understand!? That's what you think!?" He snapped. He took a deep breath, taking the note out of his pocket. "Here. You can take it." I stared for a moment, before slowly reaching out to grab it. Suddenly, his palm enveloped the paper. "But... I'd like to say some things first." He said. I nodded. "This note will cause more chaos in this group than any murder. Knowing that someone in the group is not who they seem to be, will make everyone suspicious and split everything in two. It doesn't have to just be Imamura or whatever, everyone will panic. And plus, if we show everyone the note, then she'll probably fucking die and we'll never be able to clear anyone for not being the traitor." He explained, my eyes going wide. I was unable to move, completely flabbergasted that he'd say any of this stuff in the first place. "So... I have a proposition."

"P- proposition?" I asked. He nodded.

"I hold onto this note. If Imamura gets killed, then we know the other is the murderer, though I doubt that it'll happen. This note will help each other clear suspicions, right?" He said. I paused, lowering my arm. I tilted my head down, but continued to stare into his eyes as sweat dripped down my face. I didn't trust him. He probably knew that more than anyone. It was sound logic... I couldn't think of anything wrong with it. Or at least, in the heat of the moment I couldn't.

"Okay..." I said in response. Without thinking, I began walking to exit the building, staring at the ground.

I could feel Yamazaki's presence right behind me. I didn't understand why he was following me. If anything, I could feel myself shaking in absolute terror. What if he stabbed me from behind me? This was the perfect time to do it, since no one was in the hallway.