Chapter 5 Part 11: The Good, The Bad, And The Blackened

"Rise and shine ursines! I came up with that saying on my own! Anyway, I see that many people have been ignoring my little motive. So I've decided that one person needs to go and participate in it every day! Or, you guessed it, I'm gonna kill you! Or something along those lines." Ressa laughed over the monitor. "Alright, I'll leave everything to you guys!" Ressa started to turn off the recording. Suddenly, as he hit a button, he got very angry. "WAIT, WHO BROKE THE TABLE-" The monitor shut off. I grabbed my broken glasses, and put them on my face. This was starting to get really annoying. Only being able to see out of one eye is going to be the death of me I swear.

Suddenly, the thought popped into my head. Oh yeah! Otani and I need to make sure that Imamura is okay! And I need to make sure that Yamazaki and Kawata stay as far away as possible from each other at nighttime. That's when Yamazaki plans to attack him, so I can get as much done as I possibly can now before 10 PM.

I quickly changed, putting on my shoes and rushing out of my room. Sugai, Otani and Yamazaki were the only other people there. I stood in line next to Otani, who gave me a knowing look.

After a couple of minutes, Kawata walked out of his room. He looked exhausted. He held a clipboard in his hands.

"Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes?" Sugai said, giggling to himself mischeviously. Kawata didn't respond, he just looked down at his clipboard.

"Otani." He said. Everyone remained silent for a moment.

"Here."

"Arima." Kawata said. He already knew there would be no response, but there was no use in not checking. He sighed, checking off something on his clipboard. "Yamazaki." He continued. Yamazaki stared daggers into him.

"Here..."

"Hirano." He said next.

"Present."

"Imamura." He finished. No one said anything. He glared at the group. "Where the fuck is Imamura?"

"Maybe she's still in the hospital?" I said. He remained silent, staring at me. He winced, grabbing onto his head. Tears started falling from his eyes, but he stopped himself before they continued.

"... alright, have a good day everyone." He continued, shifting back around and walking away from the group. Everyone remained still for a moment.

"What a crybaby." Yamazaki blurted out. Suddenly, he grabbed Sugai by the wrist, and started dragging him along with him.

"Hey! Wait! I want breakfast!" He yelled. Yamazaki kept moving, Sugai shrieking in anger at the thought of not getting his food. Otani and I looked at each other.

"Did Imamura say anything last night?" I asked. He shook his head back and forth.

"We should probably go check on her right now." He said. I nodded, briskly following him to the elevator. The two of us got on, clicking the button that lead to the floor with the library.

I paused, putting a hand on my heart. It was leaping out of my chest. Why was I so nervous? It's... it's fine! Why wouldn't it be!? I took a deep breath. I'm getting worked up over nothing.

The two of us raced out of the elevator, heading to the secret bookcase door. Otani took the key from his pocket, and waited for the camera to turn away. As soon as it did, he stuck it into the keyhole and unlocked the door. The two of us raced into the room.

Imamura sat in front of the laptop in silence. I was about to say something, but then I noticed something. Slowly, I started moving to stand to the side behind her. Imamura was staring at the camera footage of the hospital. She kept clicking on the same time over and over again. After a moment... it hit me. The footage was of Taguchi's death.