Chapter 5 Part 10: The Good, The Bad, And The Blackened

"... the flash drive?" Imamura blurted out, leaning back in surprise. Suddenly, her eye furrowed, adjusting herself to be glaring right into my eyes. "How the fuck do you know about that!?"

"Otani told me to go up to the library and find it." I replied. Imamura took a deep breath, coming to a resting position.

"Okay, that makes sense." She responded. "What do you want to discuss about the flash drive?"

"I have a couple of questions. How did you guys find it?" I asked. She paused, looking to the floor.

"... do you know... how I knew Taguchi had..." she couldn't bring herself to say it. Her hands gripped onto the arm rests. "Ressa didn't tell me what happened. I knew what happened when I woke up with my hand covered in blood... and inside of it... was the flash drive."

"So he gave it to you?" I asked. Imamura's face went blank, as she stared at her hand.

"... I guess he trusted me." She replied. That's right... wasn't it? Taguchi had shown us the flash drive earlier. What had he said about it?

-flash back-

"Well... I'm not helping because, well, I've found something very very interesting about our current situation!" Taguchi responded, giving a mischievous look to the whole group. "You see... I suspect that one of the people in our group..." he paused, trying to create dramatic tension. Which he succeeded in doing. "... is a traitor."

"Huh? N- no! No one would do that!" Naito replied, obviously terrified by that idea. Taguchi left a smile on his face, but the aura was creepy and sinister.

"Oh really? No one would ever do that? Then why did I find this?" He said, pulling out a flash drive.

"Can I see that?" Tengan said, reaching for the flash drive. Instinctively, he grabbed her by the wrist, stopping her from reaching the flash drive.

"Nuh, uh, uh. No one's gonna see this until after the trial." He replied, letting her go. She grabbed her wrist, and glared at him for a moment. "Or, until I decide that any of you are trust worthy!" He slowly pointed around at everyone as he spoke, before laughing to himself.

-flash back end-

"So, Taguchi decided to give it to you before he..." my words started to trail off, realizing I shouldn't be talking about that. "Um... why did you guys only bring it up to the library yesterday then?"

"Well... I had my mind on other things." She replied, looking down at her legs. She took a dry gulp, looking at me. "And I didn't have any place to put it, so it wouldn't be useful."

"Have you guys looked at it yet?" I asked.

"No, we just brought it upstairs. We wanted to wait until you were there to go through it." She said. My eyes went wide, as I laughed nervously. She gave me an unimpressed look. "Did you go through it?"

"... yeah..." I said, giggling awkwardly, rubbing the back of my neck. She glared into my soul, before relaxing.

"... it's fine. We can get Otani in a minute." Imamura replied. "I was actually supposed to be out of here by this morning, but I wouldn't leave. Kawata should try and come and get me again."

"... um, yeah... about Otani..." I started. Imamura raised an eyebrow at me. "So uh, Kawata locked him up for not being in our group."

"Are you fucking serious?" She asked. I nodded, nervously shifting in the chair. She groaned, leaning back in the wheel chair. "FUCKIN- okay! Okay! Okay!" She said, obviously upset. She placed her fingers around the shaft of her nose, closing her eyes in frustration. "We're never gonna get anything done at this rate..."