Chapter 4 Part 5: Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones, But Words Can Truly Kill

"WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP IT'S SEVEN IN THE MORNING SO YOU HAVE TO WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP!!!" Ressa yelled over the monitors. And then, it quickly shut off.

I sighed, getting up out of bed. I quickly got myself ready, taking a shower before getting changed into a fresh pair of clothes. And then, I left the room and headed to the kitchen.

-Free Time-

I quickly ate breakfast, before looking for someone to talk with. I noticed someone sitting by themselves. They started to stand up, so I quickly approached them.

"Oh, uh... hey Hirano..." Imamura said, staring at me blankly.

Should I hang out with Imamura Mitsuri? -Yes- -No-

"Oh... I was gonna talk with Taguchi... but I guess I'll hang out with you." She replied.

Imamura and I sat down at the table and had a little chat. It was kind of strange talking with her, since she was the only other girl here now. I shook the thought away.

I think Imamura and I grew closer today.

Would you like to give Imamura a present? -Yes- -No-

I gave Imamura a Ocean Crystal Ball.

"Um, how thoughtful of you? But I do have a question. Does this have any animal products in it?" She replied. She stared at me for a moment. "Hey, how did you grow up?"

"H- huh? W- what do you mean?" I replied.

"Like, how did you grow up? Where did you live? What kind of place did you live in? How many siblings did you have? How was your childhood? That kind of stuff." She responded.

"Oh, um..." I began. "I- I was more of a middle class citizen. Maybe a bit more on the lower side of it all. We didn't make rent a lot until... uh..." I paused for a moment. "Till my mom died in child birth... a- and we got a lot of life insurance from it..."

"Oh... I'm sorry..." Imamura said.

"O- oh, it's fine. I- I've accepted it. A- and it wasn't the worst thing I went through." I replied. She raised an eyebrow at me. "Um, I was just bullied a lot, that's all. What about you? How was your childhood?" Imamura stared blankly at me for a long moment.

"Well... I was pretty much homeless." She replied. She paused for a moment. "I lived in a concrete building that wasn't finished with a bunch of other homeless people. It was kind of a little community. But we did go hungry a lot..."

"O- oh, I'm so sorry for you." I replied.

"You know... you don't have to be." She responded.

"What do you mean?" I said.

"Well, I believe you can do anything with enough hard work. I worked hard to make sure I got out of that place. And that's why I'm working hard to change a lot of things that are wrong with this world. I wanna make this planet a safe space for every single man, woman, and child. No matter their race, beliefs or background." Imamura said. "There are a lot of people who refuse to see what's wrong. They treat others with disrespect for no good reason and ruin their lives. Those people don't deserve good things. They have to fix themselves before they get ANY good Karma." I stared at her for a moment.