Chapter 1 Part 6- Roped Up in a Killing Game

My heart nearly stopped. My eyes going wide, as tears slowly dropped form my eyes. Why? A dear friend of mine... someone who meant so much to us... why did she die?

I felt like I was going to throw up, as I stared at the corpse dangling upside-down. I could sense that Shishido was in a panic. And at the top of the balcony, was Naito. The person who'd screamed at the top of their lungs. Suddenly, the monitor flicked on.

"A body has been discovered! P- please head to the Balcony area of the hotel to your closest convenience." Araigu said, before it shut off.

"FINALLY!!!" Jeez! You guys take ssssoooooooooooooooo llllllloooooooonnnnnggggggg to kill!" Ressa yelled, appearing out of nowhere. "Alright! It's time I give you all a present..." he held up a tablet in his hand. "It's... the Murder File! I actually didn't name it so this is the best I can come up with on the spot..." he stared up at me for a moment, holding the file out to me. I didn't move. Even if I could, I wouldn't. I was frozen. A fear plaguing my tense body, as I stared at Furuya's corpse. "Take it!" He said, shaking it back and forth violently.

I didn't respond. I didn't move. I just stayed frozen. A dead body in front of me. Such a brutal scene. Why do we have to do this? Why do we have to kill? Why am I the one stuck here?

Ressa angrily glared at me, before placing the murder file on the ground in front of me. Then, he took out a second one, handing it to Shishido, who stared at the screen with a blank face. He looked to me, with pleading eyes.

"Um, Hirano?" He said. I didn't look to him, I just kept looking forwards.

"... yeah..." I replied. He looked to the tablet and then back to me.

"I... uh... I can't read." He responded.

"Then how did you know about the invitation..." I asked.

"I had to get Kawata to help me..." he paused, trying to think of something. "Get the words on paper to go into my head better."

"... translate?" I responded. He nodded. I finally moved my head, looking down at the murder file on the floor. It was just so... surprising. Slowly, I knelt down, and picked up the tablet. "I'll... avenge... her..." I said slowly. I looked up. Only now did I realize that everyone had arrived. Maybe I was just so surprised, that I didn't see that everyone had shown up.

"Um... we should probably move the body out of that position. So you know... we can investigate?" Morita said. Kajiwara nodded, looking to Naito, who was still on the balcony.

"Naito, I'm going to need you to slowly drop down Furuya. Just grab the rope, and lower her into my arms." Kajiwara called out. She didn't say anything in response, just doing what he asked her to do, by taking the rope and slowly lowering her. Kajiwara lifted out his arms, catching the body in his arms, before laying her out on the floor. He got down on his knees, and did a hand motion, his eyes closed, before putting his hands together.

"What was that?" Tengan asked. Kajiwara stood up, wiping the dust off any dust that may have gotten on his pants.

"It was a prayer. So she may be at rest..." He said, looking down to the body. Everyone stared at the body for a moment, unable to say anything. Without saying a thing, Yamazaki stepped forward from the crowd, looking at the body.

"What are you doing?" Arima asked, stared with a blank face.

"Investigating." He replied. Arima stayed silent for a moment.

"... why..." he asked. Yamazaki rolled his eyes.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm investigating the crime scene." He said. Everyone remained in the silence moment, many staring at him with a disturbed expression. "What!? Are you stupid? If we don't figure out who killed her, then we all die!" He snapped back, before rolling his eyes. I paused. H was right. We were being forced to do this.