Chapter 3 Part 5: The Knowing, and The Keeping

I sat up, rubbing my eyes. The morning announcement had just woken me up. I sighed, grabbing my glasses and placing them on my face. I pulled myself out of bed, and walked over to the closet. Quickly, I pulled something on and walked out of the room. I wandered over to the cafeteria and opened the doors, stepping inside and sitting down.

Food was already on the table, with everyone already there eating, except for a few people who refused to even touch the food. The room was entirely silent, with a tense feeling in the air. I quickly grabbed something to eat, and began to chow down.

"Why hello everyone!" Taguchi said, walking to the room. He had a bright smile on his face as he sat down.

"Taguchi, can you just leave..." Miyazaki replied.

"Huh? What? Why would you want me to leave?" He asked, with a taunting voice.

"Because you're annoying, and being manipulative." Miyazaki responded. Taguchi stared at her angrily.

"What? Are you scared of me?" He snapped back. "Is it because I can figure almost everything about you based on how you look? How you talk? How you move?" He said, angrily.

"No, it's because I hate you. Plain and simple." She replied. Taguchi glared at her.

"Oh I get it, you're saying that because I know your little secret about your family." He responded a smirk on his face.

"H- huh?" She said.

"Oh yeah it's pretty simple to figure out. Of course, I'm not going to say how, because I'd rather not have you guys observing everything about me." He replied, a sly smile on his face. "After all, it's really easy to understand everything about you guys." He got an evil gleam in his eye. "Maybe you guys are just intimidated because you'll never be able to get rid of me. You'll never be able to hide behind your mask of lies and-"

Suddenly, Otani slammed his hands down on the table, stopping Taguchi's response. Otani slowly rose from his chair, and looked over at Taguchi, who's face was in a state of utter surprise. He got ahold of himself, and glared at Otani.

"Taguchi, I think it's time that you stop." Otani said calmly.

"Stop what? Telling the truth?" Taguchi replied.

"It may be the truth, but you have to understand that some secrets aren't meant to be shared. You wouldn't want something personal about you get out." Otani responded.

"I don't have anything to hide! I've already shown you guys what I'm capable of. And I don't think you understand who you're messing with Otani." Taguchi said. Otani took a long sigh.

"No, I entirely understand. I don't think you understand that you're not going to intimidate us with fake accusations and guesses." Otani replied. Taguchi stood up, and angrily glared at Otani.

"Oh yeah!? You're only saying that because you've done some horrible things in your life, and now you're taking it out on me!" Taguchi responded. Otani stopped, remaining silent. Taguchi gave a sly smirk. "Oh yeah, some absolutely horrible things. I bet it has something to do with your baking, doesn't it? Maybe you put some stuff in it that shouldn't be in there." Otani began moving, walking around the table, and stopping right in front of Taguchi, who's face was filled with a confused fear. "W- what are you-" Suddenly, Otani pulled him into a hug. Taguchi's jaw was agape, as he didn't move from the sudden surprise.

"No one's coming after you Taguchi. No one wants to get to you." Otani said, a reassuring tone in his voice. Taguchi's eyes became glossy, as he remained frozen. Suddenly, anger filled his face.

"NO!!!" He yelled, pushing Otani back, and stepping back towards the door. He wiped something from his eyes, as he stood in a defensive position. "Y- YOU'RE OUT TO GET ME!!! EVERYONE IS!!! I'M THE BAD GUY HERE BECAUSE MY TALENT IS SOMETHING ASSOCIATED WITH THAT DAMN REHABILITATION PROGRAM!!!" He yelled.