Chapter 2 Part 4- Our Fears, Phobias, and Moments of Bliss

"Welp, I'll leave it to you guys! Muuuuurrrrrddddeeeeeerrrrrrr each other please and thank you!" Ressa said, before disappearing.

I stayed on the floor, unable to move myself. I was shaking, and my actions were clearly laid out for everyone to see. Kawata had the slightest bit of tears in his eyes, but didn't seem to be fazed. I grabbed onto my head, and felt my breaths shorten. My vision slowly began to fade, and all of a sudden, everything had disappeared.

-

"Did the traitor get the note?" They said.

"Um... no. They found it before they could find it." Ressa replied.

"Ugh... why are you so annoying?" They responded. "But... I doubt the motive won't work... because I designed it..."

-

Slowly, my eyes opened, a blur of color filling my vision. I reached over, trying to pick up my glasses from the desk. My hand flailed around for a moment, before a someone handed them to me.

"Thanks..." I said, instinctively.

"You're welcome." The realization suddenly hit me, as I threw on my glasses, and looked up to see Kawata sitting in my chair. On the side of his face was a large bandage.

"W- WHY ARE YOU IN MY ROOM!?" I yelled out.

"Well, you passed out after the hallucination, and we didn't want to leave you alone in an unlocked room so I came in here with you to make sure you didn't die." He explained. My eyes went wide, before they softened. I stared at the bandage on his face for a moment, before moving my gaze to the floor out of guilt.

"I'm... sorry about that..." I said. Kawata looked at me for a second.

"It's fine, Kajiwara's handy work fixed me up. And it's not like you did it on purpose." He said, a bright smile on his face. I looked up at the clock on the wall. It was around ten. The morning announcement should've gone off by now. I bet... I just didn't wake up when it went off. I should have some time to talk to some people today, even with the motive.

-Free Time-

Would you like to hang out with Kawata Satoru? -Yes- -No-

"Oh, yeah. Um, I guess we could go and grab some breakfast?" Kawata suggested.

Kawata and I went to the dining hall to eat some breakfast. We talked for a little while about random things. Some people would walk by every once in awhile, but we mostly just chatted.

I think Kawata and I grew closer today.

Would you like to give Kawata a present? -Yes- -No-

I gave Kawata an inflatable baton.

"Wow! I really like this! Thanks Hirano!" He said, a bright smile on his face. He paused for a moment. "Hey... Hirano. Why do you trust me?"

"H- huh?" I replied.

"At the trial... you lied. You lied so we could win the trial. But there was no need to do that. So... you had to have had trust in me so... why? Why do you trust me?" He responded. I didn't say anything. I didn't know what to say actually.

"You... trust me... right?" I replied.

"Yeah! Of course I do!" He responded.

"I... felt it was... only right I try and trust you..." I explained. Kawata gave a weak smile on return. Suddenly, his eyes went wide, his jaw agape.