New AI

After Jack's quick recovery, he walks inside the lab to see Max, Catherine, and Caboose looking at the Flood which is even more disgusting looking and larger inside the tube.

Jack: What the fuck?

Max: That's what I said! This thing just got more...I don't even have a word for this.

Catherine: You guys are that affected by how it looks? Caboose isn't even affected by it!

Max: Yeah because Caboose keeps talking to it like it's his only friend...then again it could be his only friend.

Catherine: Shut the hell up, I'm his friend! Right Caboose?

Caboose: Then we'll play with toys and toys and other fun things that I can't think word of and other toys!

Catherine: .....Ok maybe he quickly made friends with it but he's still my friend!

Max: The only reason why you're friends with him is that he's your little dumbass good boy. I mean the first time we met him on a mission the only way for him to be in kill mode was if you were in trouble.

Catherine: Which is of course a damsel in distress...from aliens!

Jack: Alright alright enough talking about whatever subject you two are on. So what's this disgusting thing been up to?

Catherine: You mean Andy?

Jack: You named the damn thing Andy?

Catherine: Oh I didn't Caboose did.

Jack: Of course, he would, so what's Andy been up to? Can't believe I'm saying that.

Catherine: Well Andy has been quite the bump in my scientific research. Remember when I said that Andy wasn't capable of taking ahold of metal or anything like that?

Jack: Yeah

Catherine: Well let's just say that Andy has been adapting overnight.

Jack: What?

Catherine: Yeah you see yesterday when I was researching about him I had to use some test to see what it'll attach to or evolve into. I used plants and it consumed it, The Tentacle got a little bigger and reacted to it but when I used Caboose's blood it reacted differently. Almost like it was getting more and more powerful so I used a little mouse and to my surprise, the Tentacle consumed it violently and got bigger than the time I fed it plants.

Jack: So this thing affects living things and plants.

Catherine: Yup but when I came here this morning...well it got bigger and somehow adapted to metal...somehow.

Jack: What do you mean it adapts to metal? I thought it only consumed plant life and anything with blood.

Catherine: That's what I thought but when I saw inside the thing it somehow absorbed electricity and as you can see I had to put the tentacle in another tube. Pretty much if this guy gets out then it'll probably consume the entire planet but slowly.

Jack: Consume the planet?! Why won't we just kill it?

Catherine: Yeah about that...I tried everything, burn it, expose radiation to it, zero degrees temperature, low oxygen and it goes on. Our best option is to keep it in there...and when I mean keep in there I mean to keep it in there. We don't want it to adapt even more.

Jack: Alright...what now?

Catherine: Uhh, pretty much nothing but I need to talk to you. Did you check out the AI Chip?

Jack: Well yeah that shit was kinda sharp.

Catherine: Anything else? Any reaction to it?

Jack: You made an AI for me? If so then I didn't react to it