chapter 26: Detective Brian

" Are you going somewhere? " Veronica asked.

" Yes " he gave a short reply without turning to her just went to grab some clothes.

" Where? " She again asked.

But he just ignored.

Veronica was confused about his reaction, " what happened to him? From teddy bear he turned into a grumpy bear "

At breakfast table,

Veronica and Andrew was sitting together on breakfast table.

Suddenly a blonde guy with brown eyes entered.

" Good morning, sir " he said to Andrew.

Veronica looks at him with confusion.

Andrew understood and said, " He's my butler and caretaker of this place"

" Good morning ma'am" he wishes her.

" Ahh.. good morning to you too " Veronica smiled at him, then said, " no need to call me ma'am it's fine if you call me Veronica. Ma'am is to formal "

Andrew didn't show but inside he was jealous. Because it's the first time he saw her smiling genuinely after coming her and it's wasn't for him either.

" No ma'am it's my workplace" he said without any reaction.

He was just looking straight not into her or Andrew's eyes but still his attitude was quite powerful.

" Ok as you wish" Veronica thought it's better because it's not like she's going to be here for all her life.

He left without any word.

" He'll take care of you and your needs when I'm not here " Andrew said while cutting bread with fork .

Veronica looks at his hands, ' Who cuts bread with fork? ' she got a reaction like, ' what the hell '

" When are you gonna be back? " Veronica asked obviously praying that it should be longer.

" I'm taking my chopper so it's gonna take me 4 hours to comeback and if there's gonna be some bad weather then maybe 6 hours "

" Ohh " Veronica said with a tint of sadness.

He got up from his chair and bends Infront of her with hands on the sides of her chair.

" I guess you are upset by my homecoming" he looks into her eyes.

" Yes " Veronica shrugged.

He chortles then said, " you are too cute"

Veronica was little shocked. Anyone could be sad by this kind of statement, ' oh no don't tell me he gone crazy by my ignorance , but he looks cute while laughing '

" What? " He stopped laughing and asked.

Veronica comes out from her thoughts , " Nothing" she replied.

" Fine then ... I'm leaving " he said after a long pause.

" Umm..ok " she was kinda uncomfortable with their position they were too close right now , and she could smell his fragrance again.

" Are you going to miss me ? Baby " he asked very softly and gently.

Veronica didn't why but whenever he calls her "baby" she gets weird sensations. She doesn't why but maybe she.... likes it. No no ewww what she's thinking.
' Gosh he's so tempting '

" Um...I don't know" Veronica replied quite unsure about the question.

" I don't want a half-assed answer just say yes or no " he almost whispered.