44 : Kidnapping again?

Andrew was still sleeping when his assistant called him .

He jerked his head and felt a muscle pull ,

" fuck " he straighten up .

The call is still ringing, he picks it .

" what happened? " he said in a sleepy voice leaning on his seat .

The assistant is already very scared of him still she tried to tell him ,

" Sir , are you not going to come today? " she said softly.

" Did I say anything like that? " he said in nonchalant tone.

She was on verge of tears because he's so cold .

" N..No , sir " she said shakily.

" Then from where did you get the idea ? " he said in frustrated tone .

He doesn't like it when people talk too much or try to understand too much.

" It's 9.30 am so I thought.... " Her voice trailed off.

He checked it it's actually 9.30 am.

' Fuck '

" Fine I'll come " he hung up before she could say anything.

He looks at her apartment.

' She must have left for her med school '

He droves off to his work .

" I literally can't believe that you left without meeting me " Veronica said to Brian on call.

" Sorry beautiful, I couldn't stay because I had a very urgent case on hand " Brian said flipping through the paper.

The Bosten murder case is very tricky, because no one can understand who killed Jake Bosten . Some are blaming the wife because she's young so she might have killed him because of money and it even has her fingerprints .

But the thing is the son saw her who didn't like her that much so he can't understand who can do it . On the top of it the hot lawyer of the wife Lara Logan is quite stubborn on proving her innocence.

Now all he wants to do is focus on the project not on the lawyer.

" yeah I know, by the way next time when you are going to visit make sure to meet or I'll tell everyone that you had hots for Mason"

" Ewww what the fuck ? That gay Mason who was Adele's boyfriend but used to hit on me " he spat his coffee.

" Well you didn't seem to mind it " Veronica said in a suspicious tone.

" Well it's not a big deal I mean people hit on me all day long I'm hot so yeah . You know hot people problem, oops how would you know ? " Brian said with a smirk .

" Yeah actually I don't know about delusional people" Veronica said with a sarcastic smile.

" You are so jealous of my beauty " he said while fixing his hair . " By the way I have work to do " he said in a taunting tone .

Veronica narrowed her eyes on his words , she said going to say something but he hung up the call.

Her mouth was open wide , how dare he hung up on her ?

" Coward " Veronica said to herself.

Her shift finished at 10 pm. She was quite tired there was a huge operation which was very hard and she was missing for 1 week so she already had a lot of studies to cover.

She came out while talking with her friend.

" Woah ... Would you look at that ? " Veronica was searching for her keys in her bag .