29 : talk of the town

Veronica was sitting on a chair in library reading a book about heart anatomy.

She was very focused in that book, she didn't know that someone was staring at her with the same focus as much as she was giving to the book.

She felt like someone was staring at her she looks up and saw Andrew but he was working.

' must be my imagination ' she again focused on her book.

' boy did I got saved ' Andrew gets a relief that he didn't got caught.

" Are we going to have dinner tonight? " Andrew asked.

" Why are you asking me? " Veronica said while focused on book.

" umm... trying to get your opinion I guess" he said little puzzled.

Veronica was still looking at her book when she said, " you didn't asked for my permission when you kidnapped me"

Andrew shuts his mouth.

" I'm hungry" Veronica said closing the book just after 10 minutes.

" Let's go downstairs then " Andrew said.

" But I don't feel like walking, you know sometimes I don't feel like walking " she sighs. " I wish I could go everywhere by car or bus or bicycle " Veronica was in her lalaland when she felt like she's in air.

" What the heck!!! " Veronica was scared for a second.

" What? You said you don't feel like walking so I'm helping you " he said while carrying her in his arms.

" I never said you have to carry me " she huffed.

" Oh , so you don't want to be carried? " He said as if he was really curious.

" Obviously " she replied. 'I'm not a 5 year old that I've to be carried all day long even though I like it but he didn't have to know it ' she said in her mind.

" Fine then " saying that he loosens his grip and Veronica shouted in fear .

" Heyy what are you doing????? " Veronica yelled.

" You said you don't wanna be picked" he shrugged while again pulling her closer.

( writer : Classic wife pet 🤦)

" Doesn't mean that you have to throw me on ground!! And it's you who picked me not I who wanted to " she said while holding him tighter than her life.

" You are fucking confused" he shakes his head in disappointment.

" You are confused" Veronica blamed him like a kid.

Andrew knew that it'll go all day if he fights with her right now.

" Fine I'm confused, happy? " He accepted his fate , he understood that he can't win against her .

" Yeah" Veronica grinned shamelessly.

He didn't said anything and started to walk for the dinner.

Adele was looking outside the window that's when Chris enters.

" May I come in !! " Chris asked.

Adele's string of thought broken and she looks at him . He has 2 mugs of coffee in his both hands.

" Never knew boss can get coffee for their employee" Adele smiled softly.

" Well I'm special boss you know not everyone is that good" he smiles too.

Both of them started to have coffee.
There was a calm silence. Until Chris spoke up.

" Any news of Veronica? " He said while sipping on coffee.

" Not really, our friend Brian is trying to figure her location" Adele said with a hint of sadness.

She's missing Veronica as fuck . They're inseparable since 9 or 10 . Yeah they fight a lot but it doesn't mean that she doesn't love her .

" Hey " Chris called her softly.

" Hmm " Adele was in her thoughts until Chris called her.

" It'll be fine" he said.

" Yeah I hope she's fine"

" I'm talking about you" he said while looking at her.

She looks back at him.

" Thanks" she moved her eyes.

Whenever Chris is around her Adele feels something weird she doesn't know what this feeling is. They don't talk too much but there's something called healthy silence between them and she doesn't hate it.

Adele is doing interning at Chris's company. He's very talented and reserved person. She really..... likes him. But she doesn't know if it's just respect or something else.

" I'll go I have some work" Chris said while leaving.

" Umm yeah I've to finish designs too " she nodded.

" So Veronica had gone out at 10:00 am exact and she wasn't driving, that's what you mean? " Brian asked Alan .

" Yes " Alan replied.

" So you asked drivers? " Brian enquired about it more.

" Yes , but none of them drove her that day "

" Ok , now that's interesting " Brian start to solve rubik's cube. " So she left at 10 am and then none of the driver drove her . It means either someone kidnapped her for money or any kind of rivalry , who's you think can do it ? "

" I think it's Andrew sovasci. Because he's our rival and he has some dirty business too " Alan said leaning back on chair.

" Hmm where's the man who's gathering all the attention? I'm dying too meet him. I think I'm going to get some clue" he said after solving forth third of it.

" When you last met him ? " Brian asked.

" We had a fashion show so that's the last time we met him wait next day Veronica was kidnapped" Alan said looking at him.

" Let's go and have some chat with Mr sovasci aka talk of the town " Brian said after finishing the cube.

Veronica is walking on side to another side of the room in tension. It's night time and she's terrified.

" Oh god do I have to live in fear all my life? How I'm gonna get my beauty sleep? " Veronica said all this while looking at above.

" From the position you woke up in the morning it doesn't really seem that you are worried or something " Andrew said while entering the room.

" What do you mean? " She scrunched her brows.

" No , I mean since you are all over me in the morning , why don't you sleep with just nothing at least I'll get something for being a mattress for you whole night " he said giving a innocent smile but it looked wicked to Veronica.

" Why you kidnapped me? You should have known about my sleep routine " Veronica said carelessly.

" I didn't know that I've to check this too " he said sighing.

" Don't make this mistake again " she went on bed haughtily.

" ' next time ' " he mocks it quietly behind her back. " There won't be any next time.I got my lesson in first time. "

( Vote , read and check out my other story if you want)