chapter 28 : suspicion

(She's crazy but she's mine is the song for couples of today.)

It's been 2 days Veronica is missing and Alan is too worried to work. But still he has to be present at work.

Suddenly a knock was on door,
Alan was focused on some papers he said without raising his head from papers .

" Come in"

Lily came in even though she's a little bit nervous because she doesn't know what to say to him all she know is he's going through a rough time right now.

Lily glanced over him he's handsome she can't deny the fact his eyes, hair everything is different and his gentleness with people is something which she didn't expect from him.

She didn't know she was constantly staring at him until he spoke,

" What happened? " He raises his head saw her staring at him in awe.

" Umm.. nothing" her nervous side up.

" So why are you here? " He leans back on his chair.

Lily's hands were sweating by his staring.

" Actually...I got to know about Veronica" she said softly.

" Ok and ? " He was already very busy and on top of that worried .

" Are you angry at me? " She finally said with courage.

" Why? " He raises one brow.

" Because I rejected you" even though she was showing she's firm but actually she wasn't.

He looks at her quietly then got up from his chair and went close to her .
There were still few meters distance between them.

" Ms Darlington do you think I have time for something so silly? " He asked somewhat coldly.

" Huh " she looks in his eyes for some warmness but there was none.

He walked closer to her and suddenly pulled her by waist . Since he's 6 feet and Lily is 5'11 they don't have much of a distance between their height.

Her head aligned with his shoulder and her ear was close to his mouth.
He said very softly, " Ms Darlington right now I'm not in my sane mind. My one and only sister whom I love a lot is missing there's a pressure of work and amidst of all you really think I have time to think for something so stupid? "

Lily's legs went soft. She was shivering from their closeness.

Then he glanced on her neck gulped slowly she raised her head looks into his eyes.

" Don't come infront of me right now if you don't wanna see my indecent side " he said in a low but clear voice.

" What do you mean? " She tried to sound scary but to him it sounded more like a trapped kitten.

" It means don't come close to me if you don't wanna bend over" he whispered in her ears .

" What? " She was confused.

He just smirked and let her go.

" Think about it later" he said and went back to sit.

She left confused.

Veronica was more than angry. He literally broke the door.

" Why the hell you broke it ? " She asked while picking up the broken knob.

He looks down at her and sighs.

" Leave it " he said in serious voice.

" But what about them ? " She wasn't tad bit worried about the door. The door could go to hell for all she cared.