part 19|danger returns|

SONG OF THE CHAPTER:  the great gig in the Sky - Pink Floyd

It was another stark party, it had been a while since the last one. This one however had an off vibe to it.

Y/n and Natasha were off flirting by the bar. Tony and Thor were talking to Rhodey with Maria. Steve was off with Sam somewhere.

"Cheers, to us," Y/n smirked whilst tapping her glass against Natasha's.

"To us," the redhead said back.

Midway through a sip y/n made a noise: "mm! I've just remembered! Come with me!" She said taking Natasha's hand to drag her away.

The assassin was laughing at the other girl's silliness. "Where are you taking me, hun?"

"You'll see," she said with a grin.

When they arrived, Y/n had taken her to a specific balcony where they could see the stars perfectly.

Natasha was just looking up, shocked at the view. They faced the city while the brunette had her arm around the other girl's waist.

"I know this might be cringe but I had wanted to do this when we had the last party," she said facing the redhead, placing a hand on her cheek.

"You look gorgeous in the moonlight," Natasha admired

"Don't I always look gorgeous," she played offended at the statement

The girl just laughed and pulled Y/n into a kiss.

After coming apart Y/n began to say something.

"This moment is perfect and I don't want to ruin it but, I'd just like to say something."

"Go ahead"

"There's currently a weird presence downstairs. It's not human. It feels like a threat."

"We should go."

"Yeah"

-

"You killed someone?" Steve formally responded to the robot in his 'intimidation' voice.

"Wouldn't have been my first call," the robot said, "but down in the real world we're faced with ugly choices."

"Who sent you," Thor responded.

The robot begins to play something "I see a suit of armour around the world.

"Ultron" Bruce realises

"In the flesh. Or no not yet. But I'm ready. I'm on a mission."

"What mission?"

"Peace in our time." With that, hell breaks loose as more robots fly through the walls, attacking them.

Y/n and Natasha slide over the bar, giving the redhead a chance to grab a gun from under the cabinet. Y/n takes this as an opportunity to take the reasonably long blade out of her dress.

"You alright?" The brunette asked.

"Yeah. What is that thing?"

"Not a clue, but we should help."

All the Avengers continue fighting until all the extra robots are defeated.

"That was dramatic," the robot said, turning around. "I'm sorry I know you mean well, you just didn't think it through. You wanna protect the world but you don't want it to change. How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to evolve? These... these puppets. There's only one path to peace... the Avenger's extinction."

As soon as the metal man finished his sentence Thor threw his hammer towards the bot, immediately destroying it.

In an eerie voice, it speaks one last time: "I had strings but now I'm free."