04 ♡ lover boy

There was a stranger in your bed, and he was sitting around so casually, as if he hadn't just broken into your room. He'd referred to you by your name, so maybe he was acquainted with Mikael somehow? But then again, Rui or one of the other attendants would have told you that there was a guest waiting for you in your room. In any case, something was off about this guy.

You narrowed your eyes, activating your Quirk. "Whoever you are, keep your distance from me, and don't try anything funny."

He was still smiling, staring at you with those golden eyes of his. Without warning, he sat up, and rushed right over to you, so close that your noses were nearly touching. You let out an audible gasp and tried to back away, but his hand came down against your hip to hold you in place.

"Sorry, sweetheart. Your powers won't have any effect on a god."

A god-?

"You and I have never actually met before, but I've been keeping a very close eye on you. I'm Ares," he introduced, his lips curved into a devious smile. "You probably know me as the Greek God of War."

"Uh-I'm-what?"

You couldn't believe what you were hearing. Was this some kind of sick prank? How and why would a god have come down to speak with you in person? But he spoke so assuredly... and nobody other than the members of your household knew of your connection to the gods. If he really was who he said he was, then it would explain how he knew who you were, not to mention that your powers hadn't affected him at all.

"Your surprise is to be expected," Ares chuckled, taking a step back. "But I can assure you, I am who I claim to be. If you want, I can wreak some havoc nearby to prove my point."

"You're really one of the gods?"

"Sure am," he grinned. "I know pretty much everything that's happened in your life so far. You've never met your biological parents, you were raised in an orphanage, and during your stay there you awakened to your power-or Quirk, as it's referred to in this age. Your current caretaker, a descendant of Eros, found you and brought you in. And you, of course, are none other than a descendant of Aphrodite."

You swallowed. There was no way he could have known this much, not unless Mikael told him everything. So... you were actually face-to-face with a god right now? And a rather dangerous one, at that.

"How am I able to see you right now?" you asked. "And touch you?"

Ares shrugged. "It's not uncommon for gods to take on mortal appearances when they visit the human world. I could take on any appearance I wanted, but I chose to look like someone close to your own age. It just makes things easier. But all the trivial stuff aside, I really am amazed," he marveled, looking you over with a gleam in his eyes. "For a mortal, you're so incredibly beautiful. Truly the embodiment of Aphrodite."

"Uh, thanks, I guess. But why exactly are you here?"

"What do you mean? I wanted to see you, of course." He jerked your hand into his own-rather harshly, at that. You glanced down at your intertwined fingers, then eyed the giddy expression spreading across Ares' face. "I wanted to meet my lover, in the flesh."

"Lover?" you gaped.

"Yes, lover," he hummed. "You, who embodies Aphrodite's traits in a mortal body, is of course destined to be my lover, just as she was. Or-still is, to be exact."

You'd spent all of three minutes with this guy, but it was already more than enough for you to conclude that the gods were fucking weird. Come to think of it, you vaguely remembered something about Aphrodite and Ares being romantically involved when you'd been reading up on mythology. But he could literally go see the real Aphrodite, so what was the point in coming to you? Not to mention...