54 ♡ disagreements

You liked to think that you were pretty good at reading people. Granted, it was impossible to know exactly what was going on in a person's head-unless you had a mind-reading Quirk or something-but given the life you'd lived up until now, always garnering attention one way or another, you'd gotten pretty good at reading the room.

And right now, the room was telling you that Shouto and Inasa were about to do something stupid.

Gods, just let my gut instinct be wrong for a change...

Unfortunately, it didn't seem like that was going to be the case.

"Just my luck, you're here too," Inasa spat while hovering in midair. His words were addressed to Shouto, of course, who also didn't seem particularly thrilled about having run into each other yet again.

"How about you go help out with evacuations at the first-aid area?" Shouto replied flippantly. He was doing his best not to outright snap, but with every word, more irritation seeped into his tone. "Your Quirk seems like it'd be pretty well-suited for that type of thing. Don't worry about all this. I'll take care of it myself."

Inasa's glower deepened tenfold. Yeah, he clearly didn't like being told to butt out.

"Here I come," Gang Orca announced, just about to launch another attack. But before he could, both Shouto and Inasa attacked first. Shouto with flames, and Inasa with his wind. Unfortunately, those two abilities didn't exactly pair well together, and they completely missed their mark.

"Why the hell did you use flames?!" Inasa exclaimed in exasperation. "Wind becomes unstable in the presence of heat!"

"I used it because he easily defended against my ice earlier," Shouto gritted out. "I thought you came here to help? But the way things are going, you're just getting in my way. If anything, my flames are being blown off by your wind. I would've hit them otherwise."

"You're just doing this so you can take all the credit for defeating them yourself!"

"Huh? Who would bother doing something like that?"

"You would! It's because you're his-Endeavor's son!"

Uh-oh. The girls are fighting again.

Truthfully though, there was nothing particularly humorous about this situation. They were more than just bickering at this point. They looked ready to go at each other's throats. Amidst the clashing of their egos, the exam itself seemed to have blended into the background.

You needed to do something. But what? Your Quirk was best suited to controlling people, and right now, evacuating the civilians took priority. But at the same time, you couldn't really bear to watch Shouto and Inasa tear each other down. Not only was it completely counterproductive, but it left a bad taste in your mouth.

"My father has nothing to do with this," Shouto said venomously. "Seriously, what is your problem-?"

Since he wasn't paying attention to the enemies right in front of him, he ended up getting hit by a cement gun one of the villains was carrying. The cement was already rapidly hardening, and based on how rigid Shouto's movements had gotten, you could tell that it was hindering his agility quite a bit.

Starting a fight right in the middle of the provisional license exam. Seriously, what were they thinking? It was absolutely ridiculous. And you would think that they would've snapped to their senses by now, but that was the thing about getting riled up-once you got going, you just couldn't stop.

"Your father has everything to do with this!" Inasa countered angrily. His wind was blowing all over the place, a striking parallel to the tumultuous emotions he was clearly experiencing. "To someone like me, heroes are all about passion! They're supposed to inspire those around them with their hot, unwavering spirits. That's why I was so shocked. When I met Endeavor for the first time... all I could see in those eyes of his were coldness and rage. And when I ran into at the U.A entrance exam, I recognized you right away. Because your eyes were the exact same as his."