51 ♡ center of attention

"Time to get off the bus. We've reached our stop-Takoba National Stadium."

Guess it's time, huh?

The day of the provisional license exam was finally upon you, and like most of your classmates, you were feeling the nerves. It really was a good thing Mei had managed to finish your support equipment in time, otherwise you would probably have been feeling even more stressed out about the whole thing. It was moments like these where you wished you had Katsuki's bulletproof confidence.

"Katsuki-kun, please teach me how to be badass like you," you sighed.

He couldn't quite hide his smirk in time. "What's this, [Name]? Have you finally realized how weak and useless you are compared to me?"

"Ouch. You didn't need to word it like that."

"Not my fault you're acting like a baby. It's simple," he shrugged. "All you gotta do is beat all those other extras inside. You just need to win."

"You say it's simple, but it's really not that simple."

"Maybe not for babies like you."

You stuck your tongue out at him, and he responded by flipping you off and also sticking his tongue out at you. Whatever. Trying to ask him for advice was pretty much pointless. He was in a completely different headspace than everyone else.

Izuku cautiously crept up to you. "[Name]-chan, Kacchan isn't bullying you... is he?"

"Hm?" you blinked. "Of course not. That's just how he shows affection."

"Uh, if you say so..."

"Feeling nervous, Izuku-kun?"

"Yeah," he admitted, sighing heavily. "I didn't even know it was going to be held here. This place is massive. I can only imagine what they're going to put us through."

"I'm excited to see what kind of Quirks the students from other schools have, but I feel like I'm too worked up right now for my own good," you admitted.

"I-It's okay! We can be nervous together, but once we're inside, we'll figure out a way to pass!"

He shyly pumped his fist in the air, which was pretty much the cutest thing you'd ever seen. You had the sudden urge to hug him and pepper his cheeks with kisses, but you held yourself back on account of remaining professional. Also, Aizawa was already keeping you locked in the corner of his eye. That guy was secretly a mind-reader or something, you were sure of it.

"Listen up, everyone," he called out. "If you are able to pass this exam and obtain your provisional licenses, then you will no longer simply be hero fledglings. You will already be well on your way to becoming professionals. Keep that in mind and do your best."

"Alright, let's do it!" Kirishima enthused, leading the charge to lift everyone's morale. "Everyone, let's all gather round! Ready? Plus..."

"ULTRA!" an unfamiliar voice cried out. You actually jumped a bit. Some random guy with a funny-looking hat had snuck up on the group and popped up out of nowhere.

"Fucking hell," you muttered under your breath. "I nearly pissed myself just now."

"[Name]-chan, you probably shouldn't say those kinds of things..."

But seriously, who was this dude? He was frighteningly tall for someone who was supposed to be the same age as the rest of you. The only reason you knew for a fact that he was a student was because he was wearing a high-school uniform, otherwise you might've actually mistaken him for an adult.

"Inasa, it's not good manners to randomly insert yourself into other people's group huddles," another male interjected. He was wearing the same uniform as the other guy, and the same stupid hat too.