36 ♡ exquisite

"Woohoo!" Mina cheered. "A bath's just what I needed right now!"

The pink-haired girl excitedly rushed forward, throwing off her clothes without any hesitation. You chuckled lightly and packed your things away before eventually making it into the water alongside everyone else.

You closed your eyes and let out a contented sigh, but you couldn't relax for long.

"What?" you frowned. "Why are you all looking at me?"

Mina pursed her lips. "I mean... I'm sure you already know this, but [Name], you're seriously a real babe. Your skin looks so soft and smooth, like you're glowing. What kind of moisturizer do you use?"

"Um... nothing special, really."

"Ugh. Talk about good genes." She sunk her neck in the water and pouted. "I feel like I shouldn't complain since I got to see you naked, but you've got me feeling real jealous here. You have such a nice body too! Do I at least get to squeeze your chest?"

You shrunk away from the obscene groping motions she was making. "Hm, let's maybe save that for another time."

"Aw..."

"Maybe you shouldn't say stuff like that, Ashido-chan..." Uraraka looked over at you with reddened cheeks. "Getting so much attention must be difficult, in its own way... I'm pretty plain-looking, so I don't have to deal with any of that..."

You smiled. "I think you're super cute."

"E-Eh?" the brunette squeaked. "Um, thank you... maybe you're just saying that, but it means a lot."

"[Name]," Jirou spoke up, "earlier today, you used your Quirk, right? Back in the forest. It was mostly the guys, but didn't you use it on a few of the girls too? Like Ashido... and Tsuyu."

Tsuyu nodded. "She used it on me, ribbit."

"Really? I've been wondering about this for a while, but what does it feel like? Being under control and all."

"You should ask them," you laughed. "I have no real way of knowing. People have always told me it's a funny feeling. Shinsou-kun used his Quirk on me once before, and our powers are pretty similar, so that's probably the closest I've ever come to experiencing it for myself."

"It was definitely a funny feeling," Mina acknowledged, shaking her head up and down. "But it was also kind of nice! It makes your body all warm and tingly. It didn't hurt or anything like that. Plus, [Name]'s command was telling me to keep on going without losing any strength, so it might've actually helped!"

"Oh," you blinked. "So, it did work?"

"I think so. You said before that people usually feel all tired afterwards, but I didn't feel anything like that."

Yaoyorozu glanced over at you shyly. "It really is an interesting power. Of course, I can't ever say I've experienced it for myself, but I think it's quite admirable. Having a Quirk that operates on the basis of love, I mean. It sounds like a kind power, and I think it really suits you, [Name]-san."

A kind power...

"Huh. That might be the first time I've heard that."

"Sorry, was I being presumptuous...?"

"Not at all." You combed your fingers through your wet hair and smiled. "To be honest, I used to be really bad at controlling my powers back when I was younger. My Quirk would activate subconsciously, and people would come at me without me even wanting them to. It felt kind of slimy, as if I were manipulating them. Even now I sometimes have those thoughts. I mean, it's a power that manipulates other people's emotions to my advantage... sometimes it really does feel like cheating."