38 ♡ whispers in the night

Your third day proceeded similarly to the second. Mornings were weary, what with the ridiculous wake-up time, and everyone was mostly dragging their feet-besides Katsuki, who was used to having an obscenely early bedtime and waking up when it was still dark out. Those who'd failed the practical exam had it extra rough.

"Oi, remedials," Aizawa glared. "I don't see your muscles moving."

Kirishima gritted his teeth. "Yeah, yeah..."

"I'm sorry," Mina whined, shaking her fists in frustration. "It's just sleep deprivation... yesterday's remedial lessons were so hard..."

"I told you, didn't I? That this was going to be rough. Not to mention that every last one of you here showed plenty of weaknesses during the exams. None of you can afford to lose your focus. You need to keep at it!"

Your classmates reluctantly nodded. To be honest, you were kind of thankful for the remedial group. It was nice having Aizawa take his attention off you for a change. You'd had another sparring session with him just earlier, and this time, he didn't allow himself to be caught off-guard by any silly remarks you snuck in. The plus side was that your training hadn't ended with you tied to a tree this time around.

"Now, get back to work," your teacher said. Everyone moved back over to their respective training areas, and you tried to sneak away along with them. Unfortunately, Aizawa wasn't stupid. "[Name]," he called, making you jump in place and let out a nervous little squeak, "where do you think you're going? I didn't say you could leave."

You chuckled awkwardly and pointed at absolutely nothing. "Um... y'know... training."

"I am your training."

"Eek!"

"No eeks," he chided. "If you feel like running your mouth, I suggest you use it to say yes, sir."

"Don't you think it's time I tried something different?" you suggested hopelessly.

"Oh? And what did you have in mind?"

"Well, the other day, when the girls were in the baths together... ah, don't get any funny thoughts, sensei."

"I wasn't," he cut in irritably.

"Anyways, Mina-chan was saying that my Quirk actually managed to help her," you said. "Back when I used it in the forest of those earth beasts. She said my words helped replenish her energy. I know my powers are quite uncertain, and I can't guarantee anything... but shouldn't I at least try using it on my classmates? If it works, they should be able to push their limits even further."

He scratched his chin. "Yes, it would certainly be useful if your Quirk was able to achieve that. I suppose I may as well give you a chance to test it out today. But I don't want any unconscious students on my hands. If anyone passes out, I'm tying you to a tree again and leaving you there all night."

"That's abuse!" you spluttered.

"Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Run along now," he waved off. "And don't try anything funny on your classmates. You may be a teenager, and I know hormones run rampant at this time in your life, but that's no excuse to-"

"Ahhhh, I can't hear you! Nope, nope-really don't feel like getting the talk from my teacher!"

You ran away faster than you'd ever done before. Aizawa was chuckling behind you, the bastard. This was practically the opposite of favoritism. Class B had such a nice, cool teacher like Vlad King. Well, Aizawa was cool too, in his own way, but he really needed to stop bullying you so much.

Now... where should I start?

You crossed your arms and shifted your weight onto one foot, looking over the clearing. You were reasonably close to most students in your class, but it would probably be better to use your Quirk on someone who you knew fairly well. Izuku was still undergoing that spartan-like regimen with his temporary mentor, Tiger, Shouto was emitting fire and ice left and right, and Katsuki was sparking off explosions non-stop. Maybe you'd start with Katsuki for the time being. Uraraka seemed quite nauseous from using her Quirk so much, so you'd try to see if you could help her afterwards.