27 ♡ aesthete

"Alright, that's time."

You let out a sigh, placing your pencil down. You'd finished your test just a few minutes ago, which had left you time to skim over your answers and spot a few errors. It hadn't gone perfectly, but you were confident that you'd passed. The only thing left now was the practical exam which would be taking place tomorrow.

Aizawa collected everyone's papers then announced that you were dismissed for the day. Immediately, a collective sigh of relief swept through the classroom.

"[Name]-chan, how do you think you did?" Izuku asked.

"I think it went okay," you smiled. "Yesterday's review session was definitely helpful. Uraraka-chan and Iida-kun, are you guys good to head out now?"

They both nodded at you with a smile, and you swung your bag over your shoulder, only to be stopped by a small tug on your arm. Kaminari was looking over at you, grinning stupidly and all glossy-eyed.

"I might've actually passed!" he cried out. "Me!"

You giggled. "I'm glad to hear it. I knew you'd be able to. The group session at Yaomomo's was helpful, huh?"

"Yep!" He glanced to Mina, who was just as cheery. "She really did us a solid. And you said that the practical exam is gonna be robots, right? Which is super dope! I don't need to worry about fine-tuning my powers then!"

"That's what an upperclassman told me, yeah."

"Winning against robots will be easy as pie!" Kaminari cheered. He let out a little whoop and gave Mina a high-five. All you could do was chuckle awkwardly. Well, at least they were happy. You still needed to figure out exactly what your approach was going to be.

Katsuki snorted. "Who cares if it's robots or humans? It's all the same when they're blown away. Easy as pie, my ass. You an idiot, or what?"

"Who are you calling an idiot?!"

"Shut up! I'm saying you don't need to bother fine-tuning or any of that shit, dumbass!" He glanced at you for a moment, a glance which quickly turned into a glare when it fell on the boy beside you. "Deku, you asshole... you've really been testing my goddamn patience lately."

"What?" he spluttered. "But I'm—"

"Let me tell you right now," he grimaced, "I don't want the same half-baked result as the Sports Festival. By the end of the term, we'll see just who's better, whether you like it or not. I'll leave you in the dust with the gap between us, and then I'll fucking annihilate you!" His eyes swept towards the corner of the room, burning red-hot. "Todoroki, you too... goddamn asshole!"

With one final, hateful glare, he stormed out of the classroom. Kirishima scratched his head, trying to chuckle good-naturedly.

"I feel like it's been a while since I've seen him so angry. Even he must get stressed sometimes..."

You pursed your lips. "One sec," you told your friends, quickly following Katsuki out the room. He'd been super upset that day he'd seen Izuku use his new moves, too. He was still so much stronger than Izuku, so why?

"Katsuki-kun," you called. "Got a second?"

He stopped, glaring back at you. "What the hell do you want? I'm not in the mood."

"I know. It's nothing." You smiled at him. "Just know that you can call me to talk whenever, okay? See you in class tomorrow. I hope you can get some sleep tonight."

"Yeah, whatever," he muttered, though his voice didn't seem as harsh as earlier. "Bye."

Once he was gone, Uraraka peered out at you from the door. "I'm surprised you can handle Bakugou-kun so well, even when he's all worked up like this."