21 ♡ drunk on love

"So, [Name]-chan, you want to try using your Quirk on me?"

"Eh?"

You blinked, swallowing the bite of your chicken sandwich—courtesy of Hawks' office. It was only the second day of your internship, and you'd been expecting to start with patrols again, so you were surprised when the hero himself approached you with this question.

Hawks chuckled. "Well, in order to train the parameters of your Quirk, you have to use it on others, right? I wouldn't want you using civilians on the streets as your test subjects, so wouldn't I be the obvious choice? You should try it out on Tokoyami too."

"Sorry, what?" your classmate spluttered.

"I mean... I definitely want to train my powers," you admitted. "But won't it be a problem if I use it on you and you're all out of sorts for the rest of the day? What if there's a villain incident and you need to respond?"

"I trust that you'll control the output on my behalf. Plus," he mused, "I like to think that I'm good at keeping my cool. I'd be a little embarrassed if your powers affected me as much as a bunch of teenagers, yenno?"

You felt your cheeks puff up. Sure, he was a good few years older than you, but you weren't a child. He'd even called you cute before. You secretly hoped your Quirk would affect him a lot more than he expected.

"Okay," you nodded, packing away the rest of your sandwich. "I can just issue small, simple commands. Hopefully they shouldn't make you feel too weird, and we can probably patrol the streets while we do it. No one should really notice that anything's up."

"Cool!" he chirped. "Let's head out now then."

You finished cleaning up the lunchroom and left the building. The streets weren't as busy as they'd been yesterday, so hopefully you'd be spared from some of the more rabid fans. Tokoyami was visibly on edge, most likely due to the earlier comment Hawks had made. The poor guy didn't seem to very much like the idea of you using your powers on him.

"Don't worry," you reassured. "I'll just be using it on Hawks."

His shoulders relaxed a bit. "I see..."

"Nah, you should try using it on both of us at the same time."

...and they quickly tensed up again.

"You want me to use it on two people simultaneously?"

Never mind the fact that sweet Tokoyami's feathers were practically standing up stiff, you were worried to use your powers on multiple people at once. You'd done it before, sure, many times in fact. But it was only ever for brief periods of time; a single command that was issued momentarily before you revoked your control. Maintaining it for a prolonged duration was something that you'd never tried. Still, this was probably one of the best opportunities at training you were going to get. If not with one of the strongest heroes around, then who else?

"Well, I'll do my best," you said, putting on a solemn expression. Hawks smiled and tousled your hair with his fingers, and you did your best to ignore the building flush on your cheeks.

He motioned you forward with a gloved finger. "Whenever you're ready."

"Um... yes."

You stepped closer to him until your chests were nearly touching. Hawks was a mature, self-assured man, and for your powers to fully work on him, you thought it only fair to assume there might have to be some light touching involved. Still, you mumbled out a hasty "sorry" as you pushed against him and pressed a hand to his temples, painfully aware of the fact that you were easily the more flustered one. Flecks of pink slowly filled your irises and you took a breath, wondering what sort of command you should try issuing.