53 ♡ graceful rescues

"This will be the final stage of the exam! Here, at this disaster site, we'll be having you all conduct rescue maneuvers!"

Beside you, Izuku's emerald eyes began to sparkle. "Rescue...!"

You smiled. Yeah, something like this was right up his alley. But if this next stage wasn't going to consist of you fighting against human targets... it would likely make using your Quirk more difficult. The goal of all heroes was ultimately to save others, whether that be by fending off villains or removing them from hazardous terrain, but your powers undoubtedly thrived the most when you were pitted against someone else.

Hopefully I'll still be able to prove myself to the people grading me...

The images on screen gradually began to change, and now you could see people weaving through the debris and dilapidated buildings.

"Whoa, there's people there!"

"Children and elderly?! It's dangerous! What are they trying to do?"

Before anyone could start panicking any further, the invigilator continued. "The individuals you see there have all undergone various training for their positions. They are all part of HUC-the 'help us company'. You will be responsible for rescuing them, and graded on a point system based on your performance."

"I never would've imagined there was a job like that," you hummed.

"Me neither," Izuku seconded. Then, he pursed his lips. "But... this kind of feels familiar, for some reason. Could it be that they're modeling this after the Kamino incident? There were many casualties back then. It seems like they're intent of placing an emphasis on how important it is to prioritize the lives of civilians, even when faced with dangerous enemies..."

You stared off into the distance, in somewhat of a daze. Izuku seemed to take note of this, and his shoulders jolted, a look of panic overtaking his expression.

"S-Sorry!" he quickly apologized. "That was inconsiderate of me. You and Kacchan basically had the worst of it, being stuck with the League of Villains. I really didn't mean to bring up unpleasant memories."

"Nah, it's all good," you reassured, smiling at him. "Saving people is the whole point of our jobs. I wish I hadn't been so careless and ended up getting captured in the process, but I don't regret at least trying to save Katsuki-kun. I'll never regret making the effort to help."

Izuku nodded eagerly. "Yeah. That's right!"

"Hey, guys," Sero suddenly piped up. He had a mischievous look on his face for some reason. "Wanna hear something good?"

Kaminari and Mineta turned towards him, brows lifted in earnest. "What is it?"

"See that girl in the bodysuit over there?"

"Sure do," Mineta replied. "Actually, I've been keeping a very close eye on her for a while already-"

"Her and Midoriya were together behind a rock, and she was basically completely naked!"

"WHAT?!"

In an instant, Kaminari and Mineta had rushed over towards the freckled student and proceeded to grab and punch at him. "What the hell were you doing while we were all having such a hard time, you traitor?! Do you think this exam is some kind of joke?!"

You blinked.

What are they talking about? Naked?

Kaminari pointed towards a girl standing in the distance, wearing that familiar god-forsaken hat. A Shiketsu student, just like Inasa.