Chapter CIII: Truth

THIRD PERSON POV:

They stayed in silent and both hearts are in pain looking for the unconscious girl they both love.

In her every breaths two hearts are waiting for her rise and her every seconds that counts for a prayer that they both always asked, her recovery.

“Would you listen to me now?”, he asked hopingly.

“I will, please tell me everything…please”, she said in high hopes too.

His face then painted a smile and heaved a deep sigh holding her hands tightly finding his courage.

He looked at their daughter first and looks at his wife through her eyes readying for what he will confess to her.

The confession of all the truth beneaths the lies that he did, for saving his daughter’s identity and the integrity of his wife.

“Diba I told you that I was involved in a car accident when I was about to chase you?”, he asked for her to recall.

“Ye...yes”, she said sadly.

“After 3 days of recovery as it was just minor damage lang naman so I asked Josh to locate you but I was too late as you already left na talaga”, he paused and the sadness is evident in his eyes.

“I stayed here for like weeks when my best friend, remember Jude? He was in California that time and he saw you there”, he shared.

“So it was Jude who told you where I was?”, she asked with that hint which he nodded.

“He called me because he thought I was with you and he invited me to attend his first mass there with you sana”, he clarified.

“But how come you’d know eh I never saw you there sa Califirnia if ever na sumunod ka after ng call ni Jude sayo?”, she asked confusedly.

“I was with you the all the time”, he said sincerely.

“With me? Greggy I don’t understand”, she said.

Greggy stood up from his seat and kissed his daughter’s forehead and went back to Irene.

“Come with me and I let you understand everything”, he said.

“How about Thirdy, iiwanan natin?”, she asked in worried for their daughter.

“Manang is there with others. Babalik tayo after”, he said which she nodded.

Before they head out from the room Irene kissed first her daughter and promised to get back after.

Greggy opened the door for her as they went out which Monica, Harry and Manang looking at them.

"Ganun tapos na kayo mag-usap?", Manang said in disbelief.

"Aba'y magsiayos kayo Irene and Gregorio. Anak nyo naiipit dito hindi kayong dalawa. Isipin nyo ang bata hindi kung ano ang problema sa inyong dalawa", she scolded them.

Irene just bowed down her head not having any courage to look to them which Greggy then holds her hand tightly and cleared his throat before speaking.

"Manang aalis muna kami ng asawa ko para makapag-usap ng masinsinan. I leave you Thirdy for a while and don't worry we'll be back after we settle everything, for our daughter. Can you please look for Chanak for us Manang?", he asked sincerely.

"Wag kayong bumalik dito ng hindi nagkakaayos. At syempre di ko iiwanan yang alaga ko makulit lang yan pero mahal na mahal ko yan. Umalis na kayo at ng maayos nyo agad ito", she firmly said to them.

"Man...manang?", Irene holds her hand.

"I'm sorry...please watch my daughter. I promise I'll be back di na ako tatakas sa responsibilities ko sa kanya. I'm sorry again", she looked at her.