Chapter 9

"Wake up, it's getting late, are you hungry?" Gu Wenxuan looked at Hu Rong tenderly and said.

"Not hungry," Hu Rong replied softly.

"Then have a glass of water." Gu Wenxuan then went to the teapot and got a glass of water, and handed it to Hu Rong.

Hu Rong could barely sit still. She hugged the quilt and drank in small sips.

"My parents are far away in the capital, so I'm afraid they won't be able to come to propose marriage, so I can only wrong you," Gu Wenxuan looked at Hu Rong and said slowly.

"Propose marriage?" Hu Rong was a little stunned, isn't she just a concubine? There's no need to propose a marriage.

"But don't worry, we can do the wedding ceremony first, and I will write to my parents when the time comes, so I can only wrong you first."

"You want to marry me as a wife?"

Hu Rong understood now.

"Didn't I already say that I will be responsible?"

"Why, you don't want to marry me?"Now it was Gu Wenxuan's turn to be stunned.

"No, no, I just don't feel good enough for you." Hu Rong spoke quickly.

He is so kind, good-looking, capable, and he has even saved her, how could she not like him, but she feels that she is really not worthy of him.

"What are you talking about, silly girl? You are a good girl, why don't you deserve me, let alone we have skin-to-skin relationship now."

"I have been married several times before, but my wife has passed away, and I have no children, and I don't have any concubines. Don't worry, I'm the one that should be afraid that you will dislike me."

"How could I dislike you, I like you so much!" Hearing what Hu Rong said, Gu Wenxuan took the tea cup in Hu Rong's hand, put it on the bedside table beside him, and hugged Hu Rong gently.

She said that she liked him, that's good. From now on, the two of them can live a good life in the future.

Hu Rong blushed again.

"Okay, it's getting late, you should get dressed first, and you can't go without eating. Since there is no cook here, wait for me to go to the restaurant and bring it back for you."

After Gu Wenxuan finished speaking, he glanced at Hu Rong, turned around and left.

Seeing that Gu Wenxuan had gone out, Hu Rong slowly put on her clothes and started tidying herself up.

God is really kind to her, now not only can she marry her sweetheart as she wished, but he doesn't let herself be a concubine, Hu Rong is very happy when she thinks of this.

When Gu Wenxuan came back, Hu Rong was already dressed.

Gu Wenxuan took out all the food in the food box, six dishes and one soup, it looked very delicious.

"Does it still hurt?"

Seeing Hu Rong walking slowly, Gu Wenxuan immediately went over to support her and asked.

"No, it doesn't hurt," Hu Rong said softly.

Gu Wenxuan directly picked her up and carried her to the dinner table.

"Since it's a formal marriage, three matchmakers and six engagements are essential. After I write to my parents, I'll let someone go to your house to propose marriage. Then you will get married in a good manner."

"You don't need to go to my house to propose marriage," Hu Rong suddenly said loudly.

Gu Wenxuan was stunned for a moment.

"Didn't you give my parents fifty taels of silver before? That's it. Don't let them know. If all the brothers and sisters in the family know that I married you, I'm afraid you will have a hard life in the future," Hu Rong quickly spoke.

In order to improve their lives, the family raised her directly in the house for many years, isn't it just so that she can benefit the family more when she gets married?

Gu Wenxuan gave fifty taels of silver all at once, which was enough. If her family really found out that she married the county master, they might not able to live in peace in the future.

Gu Wenxuan suddenly remembered the first time they met, and how full of despair she was.

"After I write to my parents, we can just go to the county government office to get married, and then we will be a real couple."

"Good."

"If your parents don't agree, it's fine for me to be your concubine." Hu Rong turned pale when she said this.

These days, which woman doesn't want to be the main wife. Although it's bearable to be a concubine by herself, but this will also implicate her children in the future, and make them become concubine's children.

"My parents don't have high requirements for family status, don't worry, as long as I write to them, they will definitely agree."

"By the way, I have brothers, older sisters-in-law and nephews. They are all in the capital. When my three-year term expires, we can go back and see them."

"Okey."

Gu Wenxuan naturally knew what Hu Rong was thinking, so he quickly comforted her.

Compared with ordinary parents, his parents did not value family status that much. Coupled with what he had experienced in his previous marriages, they would surely not be too picky about Hu Rong.

Even if she comes from a farming family, she is still an ordinary girl from a good family, and her background is also innocent, even she has no family background.

With the glory of their family, there is no need for in-laws to add luster to the family.