Chapter 25

Ever since Hu Rong came back from Fucheng, she often felt loss of appetite. She thought it was because of the hot weather, so she didn't pay much attention to it.

She has been busy preparing for the banquet recently, and the invitations have been sent out, and all the women from famous families in this county have been invited.

She has to prepare tea and fruit, meal list, elegant room for guests to rest, various flowers, and things to enjoy.

Hu Rong did everything by herself, so Gu Wenxuan naturally felt sorry for his wife and told her to take care of her body.

That night, the two had dinner together as usual. Hu Rong looked at the fish soup on the table, and suddenly felt a little sick for some reason.

Hu Rong endured the discomfort and picked a slice of cucumber for herself to eat.

"Wife, let the housekeeper find a doctor to look at you," Gu Wenxuan said while looking at Hu Rong.

"No need, maybe it's because I've been too tired for the past two days. After the banquet tomorrow, I'll have a good rest, so I'll be fine," Hu Rong said as she put down her chopsticks.

Gu Wenxuan knew that his wife valued this banquet, but health was very important. After tomorrow's dinner was over, it would be fine for the butler to ask the doctor to come and see her, so he could feel at ease.

Gu Wenxuan has always disliked maidservants being close to him, and Hu Rong didn't like maidservants being close to him either, and they usually do things themselves.

A few days ago, Nanny Bai went to buy a few servants and nannies to come back to work, and now the backyard is fully staffed.

Hu Rong got up early the next morning, knowing that she cared about the banquet, Gu Wenxuan didn't bother her last night, and let her have a good rest all night.
Watching his wife wake up refreshed early in the morning, Gu Wenxuan went over and kissed the corner of her mouth.

Hu Rong also hugged him back, and the two of them hugged for a while, seeing that it was getting late, they called for water to come in and wash up.

When Gu Wenxuan went to the front county office, Hu Rong in the backyard began to check the pastries delivered by the pastry shop early in the morning. These pastries were ordered from the best shops in the county.

The pastries are full of color, fragrance and variety, and the garden in the backyard has been repaired a few days ago, so it can be said that everything is ready.

When the time came, more and more people came, and some people had already met before, and Hu Rong gradually relaxed a lot.

When she saw familiar people come to talk to her, she would socialize one by one, and she behaved generously with unfamiliar people, and she didn't show favoritism at all.

All of a sudden, everyone had a good impression of Hu Rong. Compared to the previous county magistrate's wife who had eyes growing to the top of her head, Hu Rong was much better.

Slowly, three or five people gathered; some arranged flowers and tasted tea, some recited poems and made poems, while others tasted pastries and spoke and laughed. Hu Rong is very good at these now, and her performance is just right.

Nanny Bai stood to the side and watched Hu Rong with a happy expression.

Gu Wenxuan is naturally overjoyed to see Hu Rong getting better and better at being a lady. After all, he is not an ordinary person.  He intends to return to Beijing in the future. There will be many banquets after returning to Beijing. He would not able to go every time, but his wife's presence is also very essential to him, so he also has some ideas of training Hu Rong.