Chapter 20

Mrs. Liu, the magistrate's wife, was removing the hairpin on her head in front of the bronze mirror in the main courtyard of the magistrate's office's garden. When she noticed the magistrate Liu Xian approaching, she gave him a lazy glance and had no plans on getting up.

"Most of the civil officials who returned here have family members. You must be considerate to them, especially the wife of the Songyang county magistrate. She must not be treated carelessly." Liu Xian appears to be accustomed to his wife's antics. He took a sip of the tea next to him and spoke to her.

"It's just a little county magistrate's wife. Why should the master be so caring? I still know how to treat guests. Don't worry, master. I will not belittle her." Mrs. Liu removed the last hairpin on her head, said casually.

"The county magistrate of Songyang is from the capital. There is a lot of power behind him. You have to be careful. It's getting late. I'll go to the front yard first." Liu Xian turned around and left after speaking.

Mrs. Liu took the earring in her hand and gave it a mocking smile. She turned around and went to the inner room. The wet nurse beside her looked very anxious, but she couldn't speak up. She knew better than anyone what her mistress was like

She appears to despise the magistrate. They have been married for many years and have only one daughter. The concubine's eldest son in the house has grown up. She is still this way, very much indifferent about her husband.

In the Fucheng mansion, after Hu Rong finished washing, she sat on the bed, casually picked up the book on the side and flipped through it. After studying for the past few months, she can also read.

Gu Wenxuan had just emerged from behind the screen, and what he saw was such a scene: a woman in white underwear was sitting quietly on a bed, her jade fingers flipping through the book in her hand, and the hair over her face was gently lifted behind her ear, which made her beautiful face be seen vaguely.

Hu Rong used to read the books her the teacher gave her, but this time she took them on the spur of the moment, and it turned out to be a book of stories. She flipped through them when she was bored. She never imagined that the storybooks would be so captivating that people would be unable to put them down.

Suddenly being hugged from behind, Hu Rong knew who it was without thinking, and leaned directly into him, while Gu Wenxuan directly took the book in her hand aside.

"Husband," Hu Rong called softly when she saw that there was no one in the room.

"So cute."

"It's getting late, go to sleep," Gu Wenxuan kissed her on the cheek after finishing speaking, hugged her directly, and walked to the inner room.

Gu Wenxuan had been anxious that Hu Rong was exhausted, so he had avoided touching her for the past few days on the road, but today was different; he was finally able to be presumptuous for a bit, so he naturally poured all his might into it.

Gu Wenxuan tenderly kissed the sleeping person on the forehead and stroked her tummy subconsciously, thinking that it would be even better if they had a child in there. If their child is a boy, he will teach him to read and write, alongside horseback riding and archery, as well as many types of kung fu.

If it is a daughter, she should be more like her mother in appearance, and when she grows up, she will be proficient in all types of piano, chess, calligraphy, and painting, as well as being lovely to her parents.

Gu Wenxuan raised the corners of his mouth subconsciously, then called for water and carried Hu Rong to wash behind the screen.

Hu Rong did not have the habit of oversleeping. Even though she was exhausted from the night before, she nonetheless awoke just after daybreak. Because the people around her were still sleeping, she shrank into Gu Wenxuan's arms.

What she enjoys the most is sleeping in Gu Wenxuan's arms. It's warm, pleasant, and secure.

Gu Wenxuan had awoken as soon as Hu Rong moved, and since it was still early, he decided to hold his wife and sleep for a while; her body was soft and delicate, and he likes to hug her the most.

After an hour, when they saw that the sky was already bright, they both got up, and the attendants brought them items to wash with. Gu Wenxuan was relieved to see that Hu Rong's body appeared normal.

If there is no accident today, the men will go to the county government office, and the women will almost certainly have to meet, and they will undoubtedly converse, chat, and hang out together. Fortunately, he has previously informed Nanny Bai that she will accompany Hu Rong every step of the way, so he can rest assured.

"This is a bun with sauced meat, madam, you can try it." During breakfast, Gu Wenxuan directly put a bun for Hu Rong.

The four or five small dishes are refreshing and delicious. It is very suitable and comfortable to eat with a few cages of sauced meat buns and a large bowl of porridge.

Hu Rong usually stops when she is seventy to eighty percent full. This is what her the teacher had taught her before. If you eat too much, it will not only look bad, but also your body will change. In the future, people will mock you.

Since then, Hu Rong will control herself every time she eats, and never eat too much of good things.

But today, she was little careless, and she ate enough to be completely full. Hu Rong thought about it, felt a little embarrassed, and immediately put down her chopsticks.

Fortunately, there were no outsiders present, just her and Gu Wenxuan, otherwise it would be really embarrassing. When Gu Wenxuan saw her stop, he stopped himself, and then asked someone to come in to clean up.

After a while, someone came and said that Mrs. Liu asked Hu Rong to go over and talk.