Chapter 31

After third brother and his wife returned home, they immediately went to Mrs. Hu's house to pick up their child.

"You haven't found her yet?" As soon as Mrs. Hu asked this, the two looked at each other and shook their heads at the same time.

"Mother, don't worry, we will definitely find her. I saw her that day, so she must still be there. Maybe after Hu Rong saw me and she avoided us on purpose," Third wife said.

"If you two find her, I will give you two credits. There is not much work in the field during this slack season. In this case, you two search hard, and I will continue to watch your child."

"Mother, I understand, don't worry," third brother said without changing his expression.

Then he returned with his wife and child back to their house.

As soon as the two of them left the door, they unconsciously glanced at each other with a tacit understanding.

When Hu Rong and Gu Wenxuan set off to go back, it was already afternoon, the carriage was driving slowly, and it was already dinner time when they arrived at the county government office.

However, Hu Rong was obviously in a good mood, and she was happy along the way. She would think of the past when she stayed at home for a long time, and it was inevitable that she would be unhappy, but when she came out for a walk, she felt that everything was fine.

Gu Wenxuan held Hu Rong's hand tightly, and the child in her belly moved, Hu Rong stretched out her hand and gently stroked her abdomen.

Gu Wenxuan looked at the person in his arms with a smile on his face.

When they returned to the county government office, it was already dinner time, and the two of them went back to their room to rest.

It was snowing heavily outside, but the house was as warm as spring. Four or five burning charcoal pots were placed near the bed curtain one by one. Hu Rong was wearing a white underwear, lying on the bed, looking at the female doctor who was taking the pulse.

Nanny Bai also watched nervously from the side.

God knows how worried she is. Hu Rong was sitting on the soft bed, but she suddenly said that she had some pain in her abdomen. This scared Mammy Bai, and she almost fell down.

"Madam is in good health, and the baby in the womb is also growing very healthy. It should be due to excessive fetal movement just now. Madam, doesn't have to be worried. But Madam should pay attention to diet from now on. If the twins are too big, it may be difficult to give birth in the future. If If you don't pay attention, you will be in danger," said the medical woman, looking at Hu Rong with her hands behind her back.

Hu Rong nodded, indicating that she understood.

After the nurse went out, Nanny Bai took off Hu Rong's backrest and let her lie directly on the bed.

As soon as Gu Wenxuan entered the yard, he saw the doctor girl about to go out, so he stopped her immediately.

After listening to the doctor girl's words, he waved his hand and let the medical girl go out, took a breath and went in directly.

Hu Rong was exhausted, so she quickly fell asleep after laying down. She could only sleep on her back now because she worried of crushing the children. Gu Wenxuan signaled for Nanny Bai to leave after noticing his wife was breathing steadily. He sat at the bed for the entire afternoon, holding Rong's hand tenderly.

God knows how worried he was. When he learned that his loving wife was unwell, he dropped the official document he was holding and rushed over. Fortunately, his wife was safe.