Chapter 15

"The family used to have only five acres of land, as you all know, and then a lot of land was added one after another. These newly purchased lands will be shared equally." After Mr. Hu finished speaking, he looked at Mrs. Hu beside him.

Mrs. Hu nodded, motioning for him to continue.

"Your mother and I will live with the eldest son's family."

The eldest brother and his daughter-in-law didn't say anything when they heard this. After all, according to the rules, Mr. Hu and Mrs. Hu should live with them after the separation. Moreover, there are many people in their family, so there will be more divisions to them. By the way, isn't the future they have gained as the oldest couple's of the siblings?

"What about the family's previous five acres of property, the money from the collective throughout the years, the pots and pans at home, and the two pigs at home? These should all be distributed equally." When Second Wife Hu noticed Mr. Hu suddenly picking up the water on the table and drinking it slowly, she became anxious and spoke hastily.

After hearing Second Wife Hu's words, Second Brother Hu's face was gloomy and his heart was a little irritable, but he still didn't say anything in the end.

The others didn't speak either, but they stared at Mr. Hu and then anticipated at what he was going to say next.

Mr. Hu and Mrs. Hu looked at each other, with a look of understanding.

"The second child, is this what your mother taught you? Can you interrupt the elders before they finish talking?"

Second Wife Hu regretted it after she finished speaking. Why was she so stupid? Why did she just say what was in her heart? Mrs. Hu, who was beside her, wanted to bite her tongue off immediately after she finished speaking.

"Mother, I..."

"Okay, don't talk about it, the five acres of land that the family had previously, one acre of land is given to the eldest brother, they can't raise me and your father for nothing, the remaining two acres of land belong to me and your father, and the rest of it will be split evenly. Can't your father and I take the two acres we've acquired? Do we not need to eat, or do we have to drink the northwest wind to satisfy our hunger? The eldest son has one pig at home, and you divide the rest. It will be divided as needed. Each will live their own life from now on. Do you have any thoughts?"

Mrs Hu directly interrupted Second Wife Hu's words, and immediately patted the table after she finished speaking.

Except for eldest son, the faces of the other brothers of the Hu family have changed. In their opinion, the five acres of land should be divided equally, and one acre of land for the family is just right, but looking at the faces of Mrs. Hu and Mr. Hu, no one dared to speak out.

"If you agree, we will separate. If you don't agree, then forget about it." Mrs. Hu got up to go back to the house after finishing speaking .

"No, mother, I am willing, my wife and I agree," the fourth son of the Hu family stood up quickly and said.

"Mother, my wife and I are also willing," the fifth son of the Hu family also said.

It's probably a good idea to split up now so that everyone may live their separate lives in the future, and be able to live more harmoniously.

The third daughter-in-law's eyes turned dark, before she could say anything, her husband also agreed with the terms, and she could only swallow back what she hadn't said yet.

Seeing that his parents were staring at him, and so were his brothers, second son finally gritted his teeth and agreed.

"Son, go and ask the village chief and Li Zheng to come over," Uncle Hu looked at his eldest son and said.

The eldest son nodded and went out immediately. He was most satisfied with this family division plan, since his family got the most.

Seeing that the whole family has made an agreement, the village head and Li Zheng signed a document after they arrived, and after signing, the Hu family was then on considered to be separated, and they will live their own lives in the future.

Mrs. Hu gave each of her sons a tael of silver, and then went to the kitchen to distribute food and egg pots and pans. As for the place to live, each family should enclose the place where each family lives.

When the new house was built before, all the vegetable fields were allocated to the backyard. At that time, they decided to divide it into five sections with fences.

In this way, the Hu family split up, and after the news spread the next day, the Hu family became the object of discussion among the entire Shangyang Village people after dinner.

In the county government office, Hu Rong wholeheartedly followed the female teacher and Nanny Bai from the capital to learn things, and Gu Wenxuan would take her to practice calligraphy with her every night. After a month, it can be regarded as a small achievement.

During this period, Hu Rong also received gifts from the capital, and Gu Wenxuan was also very happy to see these, which means that his parents have now officially recognized Hu Rong's identity.

Bai Momo has also been busy recently, preparing soup for Hu Rong every day, hoping that she can conceive a child as soon as possible. After observing this period of time, she has already acknowledged Hu Rong very much.