Chapter 22

Hu Rong sat calmly in the carriage, flipping through the story book in her hand and enjoying it. She used to think that reading it was a waste of time. It would be preferable if she read the books recommended by her teacher and learned something useful. She now reads this storybook, and the stories it tells are excellent. It is also beneficial to read occasionally in order to pass the time.

Nanny Bai was also sitting in the carriage, looking at Hu Rong from time to time with a smile on her face.

When the wind blew open the carriage curtain, Hu Rong lifted her hair around her ears, raised her head, and casually peeked out, and happened to notice Gu Wenxuan riding a horse beside her, her eyes were instantly filled with tenderness. She noticed that the surrounding area appeared to be a city wall, and she was eager to venture outside the city walls.

Gu Wenxuan told her during breakfast this morning that after he leaves the city, he will ride her to the back mountain by himself. What Hu Rong enjoys the most is when Gu Wenxuan takes her on a horseback ride, especially in places where the flowers are in full bloom. Watching a beautiful scenery with your loved one has a special flavor to it.

The carriage came to a halt after leaving the city. Hu Rong stood up and went down herself just as Nanny Bai was ready to assist. Gu Wenxuan had gotten from his horse at some point. When he saw Hu Rong get off, he immediately hugged her onto the horse and got ready to ride away.

"You don't have to worry, Bai Momo, you can go to the monastery first, and my wife and I will come back in the afternoon."

Gu Wenxuan's voice faded away before Bai Momo could speak. Bai Momo's brows and eyes lit up when she absorbed what had happened. It's wonderful that the young couple is still so close after only a few months of marriage. They are both in terrific health. Perhaps the little master will be born shortly. She can continue to see the young master grow up while she is still able to move. She got back in the carriage and let the driver continue the journey to the temple outside the city.

The horse started galloping. Hu Rong sat on the back of the horse, her knees together, leaning on Gu Wenxuan. Gu Wenxuan hugged her firmly while one hand held the reins. When no one was nearby, Gu Wenxuan eased down and stopped vigorously striking the horse.

"Rong'er, you like this,"Gu Wenxuan suddenly said in Hu Rong's ear.

The gust of wind messed up Hu Rong's bun, Gu Wenxuan stretched out his hand to help her tidy it up, and unconsciously tightened his hand holding her.

"Husband, I enjoy riding a horse with you like this, but it would be even better if I could ride a horse by myself in the future."

Our family owns a horse farm on the outskirts of the capital. When my term of office is over, I will teach you how to ride a horse when we return to the capital." Gu Wenxuan lowered his body and kissed Hu Rong in the ear, while tenderly stroking her cheek.

Hu Rong flushed instantly. This person is going way too far. They were still standing outdoors. How can he just kiss her this way? Will she still be alive if people saw them? Hu Rong longed to tuck her head into her neck just thinking about it.

Hearing the murmur of the nearby stream and seeing the flowers in full bloom, Gu Wenxuan jumped from the horse and led Hu Rong forward carefully. It was an unusually quiet day for him. He should take his wife to appreciate the beautiful environment here.

As for his wife's shyness, he doesn't take it seriously at all. After all, his little wife is often shy, which can be regarded as a kind of fun between husband and wife.