Chapter 33

Seeing the officers and soldiers of the government coming, the village chief rushed forward to greet them.

"Where is the Hu family? We were ordered to arrest their eldest son." The leading officers and soldiers did not follow the village chief , but directly said that they wanted to do business.

The village chief hurriedly took them to Hu's house.

Since Gu Wenxuan took office, everyone in the county government office has been diligent in their official duties. They know that the new county magistrate will not appreciate flattery. If they want to keep the black hat on their heads, they must work hard.

After a long time, the original corruption in the county government disappeared all of a sudden.

After the county government officers and soldiers arrived at Hu's house, Mrs. Hu and Mr. Hu fell to the ground in an instant. The two officials took the eldest brother and left immediately. The elderly couple glanced at each other, their eyes were a bit complicated, the two pursed their lips, but finally did not say anything.

"Father, mother, the sick son of the Wang family is still alive, he is not dead, how can the officials of the county government take my husband away?" Eldest sister-in-law shouted hoarsely, and then got up, wanting to go to the county government, In the end, she was kicked to the ground by Mrs. Hu.

"The sick boy in the Wang family is still lying on the bed. The second child should go to the village chief's house to borrow a bullock cart. The third child, go and put thick clothes on the sick boy and wrap him in two thick quilts. Let's go to the county together. The Yamen has to see that the sick son of the Wang family is still alive after all, why does the Widow Wang say that my son has killed someone. Daughters-in-law should stay at home to take care of the children, and the fourth child and fifth child keep watch of the door at home", Mrs. Hu immediately arranged aloud.

Mr. Hu nodded, obviously agreeing.

Third brother was a little reluctant and didn't want to go to Wang's house, but seeing the eyes of his parents, he was a little apprehensive, so he went anyway.

(I have no idea why this chapter is so short)